Space Navigator mouse flaking out in Inventor Pro 2015

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

VTI

Space Navigator mouse flaking out in Inventor Pro 2015

Post by VTI »

The mouse only seems to work in the first file I open with inventor. Any subsequent model I open, it will not work in. I have the most up to date driver installed. Any ideas?
UtaSH

Re: Space Navigator mouse flaking out in Inventor Pro 2015

Post by UtaSH »

Which driver version do you have? Our latest version is 3DxWare 10.2.1 and is available here.
ktomberlin51

Post by ktomberlin51 »

I have a very similar issue, buttons and rotation doesn't work after having 3 models open. I am running the lastest driver listed above. Any other options,, should we go down to a previous driver?
pball

Post by pball »

I've also had this issue pop up and i'm on the latest 10.2.1 drivers. One time the 3D mouse would only work for one model and it would rotate that model even when it wasn't the active model.
ktomberlin51

Post by ktomberlin51 »

Mine works on 3 model windows only. The 4th one will not function. This is a new machine, so I just started to get modeling with it to notice the issue.
ktomberlin51

Post by ktomberlin51 »

This worked for me,, your mileage may vary

• Stop the driver and stop Inventor.
• Open the control panel of Windows and go to "Programs and Features".
• Select the entry for the 3D mouse driver and then "Change".
• In the list with the plugins please unselect "3Dconnexion Add-In for Inventor" and finish the installation.
• Restart the driver and restart Inventor.
ktomberlin51

Post by ktomberlin51 »

ktomberlin51 wrote:This worked for me,, your mileage may vary

• Stop the driver and stop Inventor.
• Open the control panel of Windows and go to "Programs and Features".
• Select the entry for the 3D mouse driver and then "Change".
• In the list with the plugins please unselect "3Dconnexion Add-In for Inventor" and finish the installation.
• Restart the driver and restart Inventor.

Except now the buttons on the spacemouse don't work since the Inventor Add-in isn't loaded.
js36*

SpaceNavigator Mouse not Working

Post by js36* »

I recently purchased a SpaceNavigator USB wired mouse. I installed the software and drivers, for a Mac Pro OS X Yosemite and also for the Installed Parallels in which Windows 7 resides.
I do 3D animation, using Blender 2.73, DAZ Studio 4.7, Muvizu Version - MZASS-v1.3: all 64 bit.
None of these allows SpaceNavigator to do anything, except that it works only somewhat in Blender. However, the mouse is totally ineffective with DAZ Studio and Muvizu.
I’m wondering if it could be a plugin problem, or possibly even the Parallels application I’ve installed for Windows.
I’d really like to use this thing, any ideas?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello js36*,

see our list of supported applications. You can find Blender and DazStudio there. The support for the 3D mouse was integrated by the software manufacturers directly. You should address this with them. But I can tell you so far that for DazStudio and for Blender you do not need a plugin. Maybe there is something special that has to be activated within the software that I am not aware of. If you find out - let us know. :)
js36*

Post by js36* »

Received some good ideas from the DAZ forum. Soon as I get this thing fixed, I'll let ya'll know. Thanks for the help.