SpaceMouse Wireless - Not functioning with SketchUp 15.0.934

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Gelphyn

SpaceMouse Wireless - Not functioning with SketchUp 15.0.934

Post by Gelphyn »

Hi.
I am having problems attempting to get my SpaceMouse Wireless to function with the latest version of SketchUp.
I have downloaded and installed the appropriate Driver 10.2, restarting the Mac as directed.
Ran the Trainer.app and everything is fully functional.
Exited SketchUp and started it again.
What have I missed?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG
cgarch

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless - Not functioning with SketchUp 15.0

Post by cgarch »

See the other post in this forum regarding Sketchup 2105 [sic]. The team is working on a solution which they promise to have shortly. Going to take some patience as they figure it out. I guess the Sketchup folks didn't give them any advance copies or warning . .
Gelphyn

Post by Gelphyn »

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear the Team are on the case
The reference to 2015 threw me hence my post.
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Gelphyn,

as cgarch already mentioned - you are not alone. ;) Sorry for the trouble you had. See this post:
rstadie wrote:Hi,

We are in the final testing phase and try to make the plug-in available ASAP for you.

However, some issues found during testing have pushed us back a little bit (I am talking about a few days – hopefully this week, not several weeks or months). In the meantime, whilst not ideal, you may want to consider re-installing SketchUp 2014 just until we can provide you with the new plug-in. We do apologize for the delay and fully understand your frustrations. Please be assured we are working as fast as possible to get you all back up and running with your 3D mice in SketchUp 2015.

In the meantime in case you want to receive a notification when the new driver is available please enter your email address here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MX9RLL8

Best
Robert
So, if you want to receive a notification if the new driver is released go to the link above.
Gelphyn

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless - Works with Driver 10.2.1

Post by Gelphyn »

Thank you team for 10.2.1 :D
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG
Gelphyn

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless - Not functioning AGAIN post 10.2.1

Post by Gelphyn »

Hi

Approximately bi-monthly I run Onyx to clean up the Mac OS, currently Yosemite 10.10.
Following [but not necessarily due to running Onyx] my Wireless SpaceMouse stopped functioning, although this is the only thing that has happened out of the normal daily routine.
In the previous failure the problem seemed to be confined to SketchUp 15.0, but this time all Actions of the Trainer App also are not responding to the SpaceMouse.

Firstly the Driver 10.2.1 was reinstalled over the top of the existing installation but this failed to make any improvement.
This was followed by running the Uninstall Driver App and restarting the Mac.
Driver 10.2.1 was reinstalled and again the Mac was restarted, but the situation remains the same.

In the Mac System Preferences [Properties] the Battery Condition is displayed as Unknown.
Even though the Battery status was known to be fairly high regarding charge connecting via the USB Cable fails to make any difference to the outcome.
The Mac Wi Fi is functioning with an iPhone and there is an indication of strong signals on both bandwidths.

Although it has not been moved, from it's usual position on the desk, it is noted that the Wireless SpaceMouse Indicators are behaving differently now. After switching on the Green Indicator glows for a short period and this also happens after an idle period at the first touch of the Control Knob. Any type of movement to the Control Knob fails to create a glow from the Blue Ring Indicator. Previously the slightest brush of the hand would cause a Blue Glow.
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG
Gelphyn

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless - Functioning OK again!

Post by Gelphyn »

After posting the above much later in the evening the Mac was Shut Down, it took an extraordinary length of time with the Spinning Gear Wheel seemingly wanting to go on for ever. Just as I was reaching for the Power Button it closed down of its own accord.

Powering Up just now, with the SpaceMouse Switched On, the Start Up was a little extended and Green and Blue Indicators both displayed in that order.
I was delighted to find that the SpaceMouse is functional again with all appropriate Software.

Looking forward to a couple of months,at least, untroubled use and will advise here of any further developments.
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG
Gelphyn

Post by Gelphyn »

That was not quite the end of the story.

Amongst many strange occurrences Finder stopped running and on occasion the Top Menu Bar disappeared.

Eventually this was traced to Hardware faults with RAM and a poor connection in an eSATA Cable.

No 'real' problem with the Wireless SpaceMouse.
Best wishes,
G.
IYADWYHADYWAGWYHAG