No - Customize buttons - button in 3D Max 2013

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

morphine

No - Customize buttons - button in 3D Max 2013

Post by morphine »

Hi,

I've just spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to customize buttons in 3D Max 2013 for Space Pilot Pro ... but I just don't see the "customize buttons" button in Utils (an no I can't add it manually).

I had to reinstall my ntb, few hours ago I was happily working and customizing buttons, but after new ntb installation 3D max just doesn't show the customize buttons option.
Have tried several 3dxware reinstalls (cleaning registry and all that sh**) - nothing. Still can't map the buttons. Any help please, please please ... got a deadline in 48 hours :(
Napapiiri

Re: No - Customize buttons - button in 3D Max 2013

Post by Napapiiri »

Are you looking in 3ds Max for the customize settings?
Maybe its only possible in the 3Dx software?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Napapiiri,

the button mapping is now all in the 3Dconnexion properties (driver panel). You will find there all 3dsmax commands that you used to find in the "Customize buttons" dialog previously.
morphine

Post by morphine »

well mapping it through the 3D connexion control panel isn"t the same. All I can do there is map a keyboard shortcut - thus the button functions change. I don't see the 3D max functions directly as I've seen them in the Customize buttons panel in 3D max. I find this very inconvenient. I wish the mapping would stay in 3D Max as before.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello morphine,

if you don't see the 3dsmax commands then the plugin might not be installed. Please do a "repair installation" to verify that the plugin for 3dsmax is installed.

If this doesn't help please provide the version of the driver and the version of 3dsmax that you are using.
morphine

Post by morphine »

so just did the "repair installation" and it's still the same. I'm using - 3DxWare64_v10-1-4_r1818.exe installation file and I have 3ds Max 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ykgotl1496rh ... n.jpg?dl=0

this is what I see, no option to select the 3D Max commands, when I click a slot I can just enter a shortcut.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You have to click the greyed out arrow on the right for each button this gives you a dropdown field with a list when you click on one of the fields you will get button mappings choices. Some are for basic keyboard commands some fields are for the application button commands.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

You can check if the plugin is loaded in 3dsmax at "Customize -> Plug-in Manager ...". In the window that opens search for the entry "3DXSTD.DLU and if it has a green bullet at the status for being loaded.
morphine

Post by morphine »

Fred wrote:You have to click the greyed out arrow on the right for each button this gives you a dropdown field with a list when you click on one of the fields you will get button mappings choices. Some are for basic keyboard commands some fields are for the application button commands.
EUREKA :) the grey arrow never occurred to me ... now I see all the functions, thanks a lot
morphine

Post by morphine »

UtaSH wrote:You can check if the plugin is loaded in 3dsmax at "Customize -> Plug-in Manager ...". In the window that opens search for the entry "3DXSTD.DLU and if it has a green bullet at the status for being loaded.
yeah, checked, it's working now, thanks to all of you for the help