old drivers for Windows

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

wavemaster

old drivers for Windows

Post by wavemaster »

Today I uninstalled the most recent driver from my Windows X64 machine, after wasting too much time attempting to figure out how to set up my buttons on the Space Navigator for Autodesk Inventor.

Reinstalled version v3-6-11.

Amazingly in just a few clicks I had my left button as Zoom All and my right button as Zoom Window, just the way I like it.
Amazingly the 3Dconnexion software recognized my setup with Inventor.

The driver is 87 Mb, versus 150 Mb for the most recent driver.
The most recent driver insists that I use Options on the left button and presents a variety of menus for the right button, none of which allowed me to set the buttons the way I like.

That is a 5 year old driver.

I wish I could find something more recent on the 3Dconnexion site, but did not. Why isn't there a section with old drivers for us to pick and chose from?
Fred

Re: old drivers for Windows

Post by Fred »

You can download the last 3Dxsoftware driver 3.18.0 its on the download driver section look for
Additional software and drivers for discontinued products are available in our archive

Click Archive it will direct you to a different page.

Just remember these drivers are no longer supported. They are no longer in productions and are as is..
wavemaster

Post by wavemaster »

That is a driver from June of this year.

I am looking for something before the must-have-options-on-the-left-button era at 3Dconnexion.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Those drivers are no longer available only the 3.18.0 or a 3.16.3
You can try selecting one of the legacy devices example the SpacePilot not the Pro or a Spaceball 5000 USB.
That will list the last driver for those devices and they still recognize a Spacenavigator.