unable to unlock rotation lock status in solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

djones

unable to unlock rotation lock status in solidworks

Post by djones »

I have a space mouse pro since I upgraded to the latest drivers the rotation lock only works sporadically (if at all) in solidworks 2014, and is locked off (unable to rotate the model- pan and other features are working). changing the advanced button settings rotation check box is not working (every once in a while it works but not all the time.) Any help with this would be appreciated as this makes the Spacemouse pro unusable.
as a side not for some reason the full install package of the drivers has never worked on my 64 bit windows machine. I literally have to unzip the install file and run each of the .msi driver installs separately.
UtaSH

Re: unable to unlock rotation lock status in solidworks

Post by UtaSH »

Hi djones,

seem to be something difficult with your machine. Maybe we should find out what is wrong as you haven't been able to do the default installation. What happens that you cannot install?

For the problem with SWX try deleting your settings. See here how to do that.
djones

Post by djones »

thanks for the reply, as for the install it stops to look for files to install The dialog box says the feature your are trying to use is unavailable: the install looks for a path: (default value is c:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\pft72A3.tmp\components64\3DxSolidWorks)
it is unable to locate it and backs out of the install.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I assume you had an older version of the software installed and this one causes problems.

Do you still have the installation package of the driver that you had installed previously? Start it and uninstall that version first. Then try it again.

Let me know your findings. Thanks.
djones

Post by djones »

I was able to get it install by doing a uninstall of all the drivers from the control panel I restarted the install and was able to do a search for the directory the install was looking for (not sure they are the current driver package though) it finished the install (first time ever without unzipping the install files) the rotation seems to be working, however all of the solidworks button options are blank, with no options for solidworks specific button mapping such as top view, front view, etc. Two steps forward one step back :(
djones

Post by djones »

got it all working... stopped the driver did the clean up the configuration that you suggested. restarted the machine and then reloaded the default settings in 3d connexion properties it found all the right settings... Thanks for the help.
djones

Post by djones »

never mind spoke to soon... it will not save any of the settings grrrrrrhhhh. none of the buttons work in solidworks.. NONE
Fred

Post by Fred »

Try removing the registry key:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8442
then run a repair of the driver.
djones

Post by djones »

hey all thanks for the advice I got it seems I have some user account issues.. I had other issues with solidworks and by renaming the solidworks software key and doing a repair of solidworks from my local admin account on my machine
(which is not giving me full admin privledges to the registry..by the way). it repaired both solidworks and the 3dconnexion add in.. all is working fine.