bring back yaw and roll preferences

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bergs

bring back yaw and roll preferences

Post by bergs »

hi mods -

the latest version removed the coupling of yaw and roll orientation to the zoom preference. please bring back controls to either "the old way" or have independent controls so users can choose how to use the device. asking them to manually edit an XML file is ridiculous.

i have been using 3dconnexion products for nearly 8 years, and recently got a new one. we have probably 1500 workstations in our office, all with 3dconnexion spaceballs. i am unable to use it in the manner i am used to, and our workstations require admin access to change the file manually as you suggest. we change workstations regularly, so its not practical to call a system admin every time i need to get my device working correctly.

regarding "we cant win" - you absolutely can. you create the software that controls the device. please consider it a "feature request" to bring back the previous functionality instead of the current regression.
UtaSH

Re: bring back yaw and roll preferences

Post by UtaSH »

The latest version? The latest version of our driver is currently 3DxWare 10.1.4 and the fix for this is implemented since 10.1.2.

If you have the latest version and still encounter problems please let me know.
lindseyward

Re: bring back yaw and roll preferences

Post by lindseyward »

test