Led lights keeps turning itself on.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Pmaow

Led lights keeps turning itself on.

Post by Pmaow »

Hi
When i plug in the spacenavigator ot turn on the computer the led lights turns on even i have it off in the control panel, so i need to open the control panel and turn it on and off to turn it off again.
Is it possible to disable the lights permanently?
Space Navigator
Barbara

Led lights keeps turning itself on

Post by Barbara »

Hello Pmaow -

There is not a way to permanently turn off the LED in the current driver.The default is 'on' so it returns to that setting when restarting.There has been an enhancement request filed to change this behavior in a future software release.

------------
Barbara
proof

Post by proof »

Dear Moderator/Support!

Sorry for my english :)

I have a SpaceNavigator and I am using Windows 7 x64 prof.

I turned off the blue LED, it is very nice but it is disturbing my eye.

I usually hibernating my system and when it comes back from hibernation, the LED is turned on again.

The 3DxWare properties says it is turned off, but the LED keeps lighting.

So, I need to turn it on (because it is turned off at the moment) and off again to really turn off the LED light.

It is not a really big problem, I like the controller very much I just want to inform you about this bug.

If the driver developers will have some time in the future it would be great to make a fix for this bug.

Thank you.

I hope you understand what I want to say. :)
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello proof -

Yes, you're correct about the way the blue LED behaves with the current software. Since 'Enable LEDs' is the default setting, each time the software starts the light turns on again turns on again.

The ability to change this setting has been submitted as an enhancement request for a future software version.

----------
Barbara
dinfog908

Re: Led lights keeps turning itself on.

Post by dinfog908 »

Is it possible to disable the lights permanently?

Post by kingdavid »

just equipped a special switch and everything will be fine.
TadSibrel

Post by TadSibrel »

I usually hibernating my system and when it comes back from hibernation, the LED is turned on again.
http://www.volunled.com
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yeah I do the same.
Akhilesh93

Post by Akhilesh93 »

Is there no way really to permanently turn off the LED in the current driver?
The spirit of Triumph
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

You may want to try the new driver (currently in beta) to see if the LED behaviour works for you. The software is available from 3Dconnexion's Labs page here.
swarming

Post by swarming »

"Yes, you're correct about the way the blue LED behaves with the current software. Since 'Enable LEDs' is the default setting, each time the software starts the light turns on again turns on again."

sorry but this sounds quite ridiculous. there's programmers to make code do what it should. and the annoying light is still on..
danielb987

Post by danielb987 »

Question to the 3dconnexion developers: Are you drunk? Seriously.

Here is the very simple solution to the problem (I have Windows 8 64bit and Space Navigator):

1) Unplug the Space navigator

2) Uninstall the 3dconnextion software

3) Go to the 3dconnexion web site for downloading drivers:
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/service/drivers.html

4) Click on "Legacy drivers and software are available here":
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/service/legacy-driver.html

5) Select your product and operating system. (For me it is Space navigator and Windows 8 64bit)

6) Download and install "3DxSoftware (64-bit Edition)"

7) LED is off!

Kind regards,
Daniel
Fred

Post by Fred »

Daniel,

If you look you'll see this was an old post. The older driver at the time this post was written did re-enable the LED.

The 3Dxware 10 driver has the ability to turn off the LED and it does not default to being on afterwords.
Try right clicking on the 3Dxware icon in the system tray and uncheck the LED.

The previous driver also had the ability to turn on the LED by opening the control panel and clicking on I believe it was Tools at the top and uncheck enable LED.
danielb987

Post by danielb987 »

Fred wrote:The 3Dxware 10 driver has the ability to turn off the LED and it does not default to being on afterwords.
Try right clicking on the 3Dxware icon in the system tray and uncheck the LED.
I bought my new computer a few days ago and installed the latest driver. The filename was "3DxWare64_v10-1-4_r1818.exe".

You are right that I didn't read the entire thread carefully and therefore missed the note about the new beta driver. But I don't understand why I should install a beta version of 3DxWare when you have a perfectly working software 3DxSoftware. For me 3DxWare and 3DxSoftware looks exactly the same, except that the control panel is much better in 3DxSoftware. So I get a stable version (not a beta) with a better control panel if I install 3DxSoftware instead of 3DxWare.

Regards,
Daniel

ps.
I apologize for accusing the developers of being drunk.
ds.
Fred

Post by Fred »

The latest driver was based on the Beta driver i did not intend for you to download Beta.
I just pointed out that when this post was first printed the driver did have the flaw of re-enabling the LED.
The programmers did fix the coding so it would not auto launch in the 3Dxsoftware driver as well as the 3Dxware driver.

The new driver has features that are not offered in the 3Dxsoftware and the interface is different
New features were based on the input from users, when the Beta driver was being tested.
the 3Dxware driver will have new options added in the fututre. :D