Roll issue on 3DxWare 10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

btdale

Roll issue on 3DxWare 10

Post by btdale »

PROBLEM - the spin function acts differently depending on amount of twist force applied. Small force = spin direction opposite cap rotation. Large force = spin same direction as cap rotation.

DETAILS - just upgraded from Spacemouse Pro to the wireless version and downloaded 3DxWare 10 (win7, 64 bit). Using ProEngineer Wildfire 5. My zoom direction is set to "Up/Down". The "Reverse" box is checked for the spin axis. When I twist the controller cap lightly, the model spins in the opposite direction as the cap. When I twist the cap harder, the model spins in the same direction as the cap. This only happens when the Reverse box is checked (ie. when unchecked, the model always spins opposite to the cap direction regardless of force). Adjusting the sensitivity has no impact. I tried my old wired Spacemouse Pro and it performs the exact same. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks.
jwick

Re: Roll issue on 3DxWare 10

Post by jwick »

This is a bug when an axis is reversed. It has been fixed for 17.2.
btdale

Post by btdale »

That's great! Are you referring to version of 3DxWinCore? I'm currently at version 17.1.2.10488 (see attached screen capture). How do I update to version 17.2?
Attachments
Version Screen Capture
Version Screen Capture
version.JPG (17.87 KiB) Viewed 20846 times
jwick

Post by jwick »

It's not released yet
btdale

Post by btdale »

:( okay, thanks. I'll check back for updates
pball

Post by pball »

Is there an eta for this update with the fix or at least a general idea? I just updated the software yesterday and discovered this annoying issue.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I don't know what the ETA is.
sgb27

Post by sgb27 »

I need this fixed too - just updated the driver (due to getting a new PC) and it is driving me mad in Creo. I also can't uninstall the driver (gives an error when I try to uninstall) so I can't reinstall the old driver!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Please contact our Technical Support team for help with the install/uninstall problem. See here for the contact details.
sgb27

Post by sgb27 »

After filling in the support form I get this email back:

Code: Select all

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.serverpilot.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<support.en@3Dconnexion.com>:
212.172.64.2 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 82.135.58.65 is not allowed to send mail from domino-uk.com
Giving up on 212.172.64.2.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.
Does this mean they have received it or not?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi sgb27,

I apologize for the problems. Thanks for letting us know. I'll contact you directly.
abarr

Post by abarr »

I was having this issue as well in Creo 2. I was using 3DxWare v10.1.4 with 3DxWinCore v17.1.4.10702 on a SpaceNavigator firmware v4.31. I did not have this issue when I was using the same Navigator on my old computer. I still have the old computer and found that I was using the 3DSoftware v3.16.3.

I decided to remove all the new software from my new computer and load on the old software. Now, with 3.16.3 reinstalled on my new machine, the SpaceNavigator works perfectly. I won't be "updating" again! :D

The 3.16.3 software can be found here: http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/arch ... ivers.html

I hope this helps you guys!
sgb27

Post by sgb27 »

I would love to do the same "downgrade" too - but I get an error when trying to uninstall the current software from Add/Remove Programs ("There was a problem starting C:\Program The specified module could not be found"). So I am stuck at the moment...
btdale

Post by btdale »

JWICK - Just downloaded latest 3DWare 10.2 driver which includes 3DxWinCore version 17.2 but it did not fix the problem. How do I get this problem resolved? I'm disappointed this $350 mouse has been sitting useless for over 3 months.
3DxWare.JPG
3DxWare.JPG (21.37 KiB) Viewed 18891 times
sgb27

Post by sgb27 »

If you check the mouse with some of the included examples (I think there is one that shows the raw rotation values from the mouse) then you'll see the actual mouse and driver work fine. It must be the bit of software that takes those raw values and scales/reverses them before sending to Creo that has the bug. Like others I managed to (eventually) downgrade to a much older version and it works perfectly (with exactly the same version of Creo and everything else):
CropperCapture[8].png
CropperCapture[8].png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 18874 times
I can't believe it wasn't fixed!