Request 3Dconnexion -> ZBrush

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

xbo

Request 3Dconnexion -> ZBrush

Post by xbo »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my request at ZBrush forum.
I REALLY hope Pixologic will make something so everything works like should using the 3Dconnexion Mouses and ZBrush.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... ost1090586

This is my post at ZBrush Forum. You can post your opinon and experience here and at ZBrush Forum if you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please make it real!
Hello Pixologic,

I didnt want to say it, but because I love ZBrush ... and I will like to buy ZBrush! Didnt want to buy Mudbox yet. Still wating for ZB with 3Dconnexion mouses plugin. I will wait but not that long.

Pixologic Guys did you ask your self:
1. Who is the en user?
2. Do you really know what the client is looking for?
3. Which Software they client use?
4. What kind of workflow the client has?
And the most important question:
5. Do they really need the 3dconnexion plugin?
6. For what?

Let me introduce my self.
Im a Freelancer Car Designer and a Professional Class-A Modeler.
I did many works for production and Prototypes in:

USA:
GM, Toyota and Nissan

Europe:
BMW, Audi, VW, MAN, Renault, Fiat, Lamborghini, Bentley, Jaguar, ...

Asia:
Tata, Hyundai and Nissan.

South America:
VW and GM.

The work I made was mostly Class-A Surfaces and I was surprised when I found out that at GM they used another program Mudbox! for modelling. Years ago.
I was shocked! Now is really common to use it.

Answer for the past questions:

1. The end user are the people who use 3D programs for develop and idea.
2. Compatibility. I know that you can export .obj files, but before that the user should finish they work. In this case using ZB or Mudbox now also IMA the people are hot about IMA!

Lets talk about IMA. Is compatible with CATIA AND the must important ting... The people how works with CATIA works with 3D Space Mouses (Mostly with 3Dconnexion Mouses).

3D Mouses are use typically use in the Engineering process.
3. This is the most critical part and is THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT WHY SHOULD Pixologic develop a plugin for the 3dconnexion mouses. Is just my opinion.

I use as a standard softwares:
Alias
Maya
ICEM
Photosop
B-REP

Other softwares I can use no really like I use the softwares above.
Zbrush
3Ds Max
CATIA
SolidWorks
Rhino
Mudbox
SensAble
others...

I have many many experiences- when I travel, that the client has as a standard software SolidWorks or any other program.
When I need to switch into another program is REALLY HARD to understand how the key combination works.
AND THATS THE REASON I USE 3DCONNEXION!
Just Plug and finish the job in a short time!

With a 3Dconnexion mouse I dont need to thing any more about key combinations how to tumble, pan, etc... the view camera.
I lost my hair just because I had hard time trying to switch between programs... as fast as I could.

Seriously you can save many hair

4. Like me switching in more than one software per day helps a lot if you have a 3Dconnexion mouse with you.

5. SURE! As I mention before. I will like to buy ZBrush and also try to sale to other colleagues, but they will refuse me if they cant use their 3dconnexion Mouse. Believe me!
The way to rotate the models in ZB is kinky/peculiar.

6. Switch into another software ifs need it. To be concentrated and focus in their projects.
Trying to catch which key combination you need to use by switching software you lose your patient, lose your temper, a mount of time, the speed of your workflow, hair and many other things.

Help us with this IMPORTANT small thing to help you and recommend just Pixologic.
Its an AWESOME product, but as I said before just this small tiny thing.... make the decision.
I lose my hair and I dont pretend to lose my head

PLEASE HEAR YOUR COSTUMER. Will all we will appreciate!
I know you have another canvas/perspective view, but you implement the lazy mouse, you add a pen tablet plugin, pen pressure is stable, we can use the mouse since the first version of ZB (I guess), how difficult can be to apply the 3Dconnexion mouses Plugin?

I will truly appreciate the 3Dconnexion plugin.

BTW. My workflow applies the Wacom Tablets and a 3Dconnexion Mouse.
One good reason I use now Wacom Tablets is, because I broke my right hand tendons. The reason was- extreme!³ many clicks.
With ZBrush I do much more clicks to, pan, tumble, twist, zoom, etc.. than I should make for sculpting.
Think about that.
luping

Re: Request 3Dconnexion -> ZBrush

Post by luping »

Nothing, nothing happened since 2014.
luping

Re: Request 3Dconnexion -> ZBrush

Post by luping »

Finally, the upcoming ZBrush 2021.5 supports 3Dconnexion input devices.