SketchUp ruined with new 3DxWare 10 software

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ezdmanx

SketchUp ruined with new 3DxWare 10 software

Post by ezdmanx »

I've been using Sketchup with a Space Navigator for many years.

I updated to to the latest 3dxWare 10.0.22 drivers recently and they are awful for Sketchup. The motion is jumpy and jittery.
I've had to go back to the standard 3DxSoftware 3.17.8 drivers.

Can you confirm this is not the end for the 3DxSoftware?

I run Windows 8.1, Intel Core i7 4770 workstation with GeForce GTX 760.
UtaSH

Re: SketchUp ruined with new 3DxWare 10 software

Post by UtaSH »

Hi edzmanx,

could it be that you tried our beta driver some time ago? There might be still some of the old configs around that cause this trouble. Please follow the instructions in FAQ #1100. Let us know if this helps.
ezdmanx

Post by ezdmanx »

Just to update.

I've tried the 3DxWare64 Version 10.0.22 and a later version on two different computers and the same issue exists. The view is jittery and has a shakiness when twisting and moving around the scene in Sketchup. It's nowhere near as sensitive and smooth as with the older 3.X.X drivers.

I'm amazed more people haven't brought this issue up?
I use the Space Navigator with all axes reversed and zoom direction Up/Down so maybe its related to this and few people use these settings.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Do you have the same problem with version 10.1.4 (the most recent version)?
ykcid00

Post by ykcid00 »

Yes same issues as ezdmanx and all the controls seems to be the reverse of what it used to be as pointed out by some users at Sketchucation. And this is the 10.1.4 driver. Any fix?
Mrd

Post by Mrd »

I have the exact same problem, using Windows 8.1 on desktop. I can work until i make a selection and move at the same time. Then the program crashes. I am so dependent on the Space Navigator now that I am not sure how to get along without it. But I cant afford to keep wasting time reopening the files and fixing the autosaves.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

please try the following:
  • Stop the driver and stop Sketchup.
  • Open your %APPDATA% folder and rename the folder 3Dconnexion to 3Dconnexion.bak.
  • Open the registry and go to HKCU\Software. Rename the key 3Dconnexion to 3Dconnexion.bak.
  • Restart the driver and then restart Sketchup.
Let us know if this solves the issue.

If the issue is not yet solved please enable the logging of the driver and share the logfile with us:
  • Right click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the systemtray and activate "Write Log File".
  • Stop the driver and stop Sketchup.
  • Restart the driver and restart Sketchup.
  • Reproduce the problem.
  • Then go to %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare and copy the file 3DxService.log to another place. This is the log file. Let me know if you have one. If it is too large to share here in the forum I will send you an email address where you can send us this information.
ezdmanx

Post by ezdmanx »

I have posted a more detailed post on this here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13030&p=43268#p43268