Space Pilot PRO custom button settings donot work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kiwitazz

Space Pilot PRO custom button settings donot work

Post by kiwitazz »

Hi

I have just loaded the latest drivers for my space pilot pro (usb type). I had the same lost setting issues as listed here, followed all the instruction listed above. The space pilot pro now seems to be holding the custom button settings, but doesnot actually active the program.

ie :- within inventor

my number button '1' is set up for place component, and '2' is set up for constraint

when the respective buttons are pushed they display on screen "place component' or 'constraint'. But do nothing within the program.

please advise.

Rob
Fred

Re: Space Pilot PRO custom button settings donot work

Post by Fred »

Make sure your using the correct driver version for the SpacePilot PRO
It should be 3.17.8 not 3.16.4 that is an outdated driver and it does not contain up to date addins for newer released versions of Inventor

While inventor is open.
Go to start all programs, 3Dconnexion, 3dConnexion control panel
At the top of the properties window click on Options, Restore all defaults
click Yes and then push OK.

To prevent buttons from being reset you will need to map them in the 3DxInventor Button Editor rather than the 3Dconnexion Properties window.
The internal button mapping editors such as 3DxInventor are designed to have priority over 3Dconnexion Properties [3Dconnexion Control Panel].

When Inventor is opened initially with the 3DxInventor add-in installed, the 3DMouse News window opens inside Inventor. The 3DMouse News window shows the pop-up menu that includes the 'Customize buttons' option. The pop-up menu is mapped to the "Menu" button on the Space Pilot PRO
With an Inventor document open, press the button on your device to open the pop-up menu then choose 'Customize buttons' to open the 3DxInventor Button Editor.
kiwitazz

Post by kiwitazz »

Hi ya.

correct driver is running, the 3Dxinventor and autocad was ticked using custom install

When Inventor is opened initially with the 3DxInventor add-in installed, the 3DMouse News window opens inside Inventor

that does not happen

what have I done wrong - I cant find it.
Fred

Post by Fred »

It tells me you don't have the Inventor add-in loaded.

Perform a clean install of or driver.
This is different than uninstalling/reinstalling the 3dconnexion software, since the 3Dconnexion registry keys and profiles are not removed in a standard re-install. The 'clean install' steps below remove all 3Dconnexion software - previous versions of our software, 3Dconnexion registry keys and custom profiles - then perform a new installation of the software.
http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/28

The installation of the 3Dconnexion software needs to be done from a profile with full administrator permissions for the local PC. If this is a networked PC and you do not have full administrator permissions, an IT person would need to do the installation.
kiwitazz

Post by kiwitazz »

Hi Fred

it has worked this time - many thanks for all you assistance.

a few things to note - I was trying to set the button settings from completley the wrong place. it may be a bit easer for the non computer savy if these units used the same window customise buttons.

I got very confused.

I now understand there are two completley diferent areas I need to check/modify/alter or what ever.

bottom line is, I am still stokes with my space pilot pro and find 3d'ing slow and diffucult now without it.

on the whole keep up the good work.

Cheers

Rob :D
jwick

Post by jwick »

We are trying to fix the confusion of the multiple GUIs. 3DxWare 10 has moved the settings to a common place. You can unofficially use it with your SpacePilot Pro if you want to see. You have to tell the web site you have a SpaceNavigator to get 3DxWare 10.

If you don't like it, just uninstall it and reinstall the official driver.
kiwitazz

Post by kiwitazz »

Ok.

So I followed all the instruction as listed above.

All good - for a while as least

The same issue has returned again.
Does this mean that I need to go through this whole process of uninstalling removing related dll files and re starting the 3Dconnexion program?

Please bear in mind that nothing....I mean nothing has changes on my machine bar windows updates.

Please assist as my level of patients is getting very short this space pilot pro and its lack of setting control