Street View in Google Earth

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fjk

Street View in Google Earth

Post by fjk »

Is there any way to make Street View in Google Earth working (and 360cities panoramas too) ?

Regards.
Fred

Re: Street View in Google Earth

Post by Fred »

You'll have to ask Google earth, support is added natively.
As far as I know they did not add support for Street view.
We have asked users to let them know you would like this ability added.
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

They've added fancy input indicators (arrows) showing you how much in what direction you're inputting, but it is odd they that left out 3Dmouse control for Streetview! They've also reduced movement via the 3DMouse: try to pitch up from the horizon now using just the 3DMouse, can't do it anymore! Funny thing is you can still pitch up from the horizon by pressing the controller on the top right of the screen with the pointer. It's useful to pitch up when you're up against the base of a structure and you want look toward the top.

I wrote a web-app a few years ago controlling Google Earth on web browsers that has a split screen option: Google Earth on top and the corresponding Street view on the bottom. You navigate smoothly in Google Earth on top using the 3Dmouse while the bottom Streetview matches the position and orientation and field of view. It works quite nice, but it is a bit taxing on your resources running Google Earth and Streetview at the same time (taking up the entire screen.) If you have lots of ram, a solid state drive, and a fast internet connection it would probably run quite smoothly. I tried to make a video of it to put on YouTube, but unfortunately FRAPS only recorded the GE window on top and not the Streetview window below as well. (I suppose I could resort to recording the screen with a camera.)
fjk

Post by fjk »

Dont like this arrows, i think before it is from 3dconnexion software. There should be a turn it off option. So if this is GE problem there is no option to repair this.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

fjk wrote:Dont like this arrows, i think before it is from 3dconnexion software. There should be a turn it off option. So if this is GE problem there is no option to repair this.
See our FAQ: How to turn off the navigation arrows in Google Earth
fjk

Post by fjk »

Oh OK. I see this option yesterday but i leave it untouched because im looking for some check box that make street view working... Thanks.