SpacePilot Pro LCD, 3Dx10, OSX ML, MBP Retina issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

zzz2496

SpacePilot Pro LCD, 3Dx10, OSX ML, MBP Retina issue

Post by zzz2496 »

Hi, I have a small yet annoying issue about the SpacePilot Pro LCD. I have several macs, but only one with Retina display (the rMBP, early 2013, 15"). If I plug my SPP on non retina macs, the LCD will show the correct image, my keymaps, etc. The issue starts when I plug it on my rMBP, the LCD display shows only 1/4 part of the "screen", I can only see the configuration of the "1st key" (and "6th key"), nothing else, it's like the LCD image for the LCD display is quadrupled (which is more or less "retina" behavior). Is there anyway I can change this so that it will show me the normal, non-retina version?

Thanks
ChubbChubb

Re: SpacePilot Pro LCD, 3Dx10, OSX ML, MBP Retina issue

Post by ChubbChubb »

Having the same mega problem. It's really becoming a super nuisance.

Is there anyone else out there who is having this issue or are these isolated? Just wondering coz the thread has so many views but no replies.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be the problem and how to resolve?

Just to add on to what zzz2496 had observed with the screen working fine on none retina Macs; it also works fine in Windows on a bootcamped Mac WITH Retina. But on the Mac side it has the problem being discussed. Also, if the LCD display goes to sleep it doesnt wake up.

I've attached an image of the issue.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

We're aware of the issue with retina displays affecting the "Function Keys" feature of the SPP on Mac. We will be addressing the issue in a later revision of 3DxWare 10 for OS X.
zzz2496

Post by zzz2496 »

@ngomes

Great !!! I'll be waiting for the update.

Btw, do you guys have a retailer for Indonesia? I'm having a hard time buying 3Dconnexion's products... :(

Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi zzz2496,
Btw, do you guys have a retailer for Indonesia? I'm having a hard time buying 3Dconnexion's products... :(
Sorry to hear about that. I've sent an internal note to see if we can share any contacts. In the meantime, have you tried purchasing the devices from Amazon.com?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi zzz2496,

Please check your private message inbox on this Forum.
cfyra

Post by cfyra »

I am having a problem with the lcd screen on my spacepilot pro.
I have updated and it says i have the newest update, the problem is recent as it did not appear when i first installed the device. It came a few days after i bought it now about a week ago.
The screen is working fine until i select "Function Keys" and then the screen is black exceapt for the letters only witch is white. Center function text hides the popup text when i do something.
When i press right-left the screen shows the same problem.

Please help me as this is new and i really need this function.

//Thor - Sweden
medicusdkfz

Post by medicusdkfz »

ChubbChubb wrote:Having the same mega problem. It's really becoming a super nuisance.

Is there anyone else out there who is having this issue or are these isolated? Just wondering coz the thread has so many views but no replies.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be the problem and how to resolve?

Just to add on to what zzz2496 had observed with the screen working fine on none retina Macs; it also works fine in Windows on a bootcamped Mac WITH Retina. But on the Mac side it has the problem being discussed. Also, if the LCD display goes to sleep it doesnt wake up.

I've attached an image of the issue.
I have the same error. MBP with retina display, MacOS Maverick, SpacePilot Pro: The lcd-display resolution is to big and shows only a part of the whole screen (see previous photo in this thread!). Since Juni 2013 this is a well known problem. When do you want to solve it? :cry: :evil:

Dr. P. Branitzki
medicusdkfz

Post by medicusdkfz »

Bad behavior! No reaction since weeks... And this for a piece of 450 Euro hardware. I'm very disappointed about the support. The same in the German forum!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Sorry for not responding ...

We are aware about the issue, but I cannot tell you when we will have a solution.
ChubbChubb

Post by ChubbChubb »

I'm sorry,

but this is really starting to suck.

It's been over half a year, and there's been absolutely no movement on this issue except the incredibly worrying statement:
UtaSH wrote:
We are aware about the issue, but I cannot tell you when we will have a solution.
........"but I cannot tell you when we will have a solution"........... are you guys even being serious? Are you even working on it? is it even on your list of things to get checked out? Are you too busy fixing your over glitchy mac drivers to pay some attention to this problem?

Because, if after 8 months you still haven't gotten around to getting a solution worked out, it's just a clear indication of your poor ability to resolve customer issues on this platform (mac).

This is a $300+ piece of equipment, not a $5 walmart mouse made in taiwan. But it's starting to feel like that's the customer service value on it.
khmission

Post by khmission »

Hi,

I have just purchased a Spacepilot Pro, and have the same issue reported above with a Mac Book Pro Retina 15".

Can anyone from 3DCONNEXION say when this issue is going to be fixed, its been over nine months since the issue was first reported on this forum, and it appears as though the issue still exists!!

If someone from 3DCONNEXION can not give some indication as to when this problem will be fixed, I will be forced to return the device as defective. I bought the Spacepilot Pro over the lesser model because of the LCD screen. If the screen won't function correctly on my setup, then I will return the unit as it would seem that 3DCONNEXION either can not or has no desire to correct this issue after 9 Months.

Regards,
Disappointed.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we have released a new version of 3DxWare for Mac OS X yesterday. The issue with the Retina Display is fixed with this release. Please give it a try and let us know your feedback. Thanks!
medicusdkfz

Post by medicusdkfz »

Great news! It works very well now... :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you,

Pierre