spacenavigator not working with Sketchup 2013

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Cadron

spacenavigator not working with Sketchup 2013

Post by Cadron »

I just upgraded to SU 2013 from SU pro 8. I'm using an iMac running 10.7.5 and can't get my spacenavigator to work with the new version of SU. Anyone have any ideas
GaryStebbins

Re: spacenavigator not working with Sketchup 2013

Post by GaryStebbins »

I am having the same problem with Sketchup 2013 under Windows. Had I known my SpaceNavigator would quit working, I would not have upgraded to this version and created a drawing using it. Is there a way to make this work, or do I need to wait for an update for SpaceNavigator or for Sketchup?

Thank you.

Gary
Cadron

Post by Cadron »

I haven't heard of any work arounds, gone back to SU 8 for now
Fred

Post by Fred »

You will have to periodically check the website for updates. I donot have a time frame on when the driver will be updated the programmers have to make a updated add-in.

I tried using our 8 addin but the new version of Sketchup doesnt allow the addin to work
Cadron

Post by Cadron »

Thanks, will do
GaryStebbins

Post by GaryStebbins »

Fred, thanks for the information. Does the fix for this problem need to come from 3dconnexion, or does Trimble (the owner of Sketchup) need to do something? Just wondering if I should contact them, too.

Thank you.

Gary
Cadron

Post by Cadron »

Copy the .plugin and .rb to the SU2013 Plugins folder:
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2013/SketchUp/Plugins

this works, you'll have to create the SketchUp 2013/SketchUp/Plugins folders

Thanks to Adam on the SketchUcation forums
ikahn

Post by ikahn »

Cadron-
Can you please elaborate which exactly are the .plugin and .rb files that you speak of?
I have a spacemouse...

***3dx Team- any word on the official driver update?

Thanks all
GaryStebbins

Post by GaryStebbins »

I also couldn't find the files referred to.

Gary
shawnkelly

Post by shawnkelly »

to GaryStebbins and ikahn

I hope you are aware that Cadron is speaking of file folders and extensions within a Mac system not Windows (there will be no .plugin extension). Now I can not find where he located that information (and I am a member of the site he is speaking of) but before I came to this site I tried all manner of manually moving files around to try to find the right combination but alas nothing but failure.
So you know if you are on a Windows system and you installed everything by its defaults you will find the .rb file for the 3D mouse here: Local Drive (usually C:)>Program Files(86)>3DxWare>3DxSketchUp>#3DxSketchUp.rb and the Dynamic Library (3DxSketchUp.dll) is needed for the plug in to work but that is when it can work. I do not think that any combination will work because the code is wrong in some fashion. The most I was able to get the mouse to do is zoom in (fit button) but all other movements are done by way of a 2d mouse so I should say it is at least reliable in that capacity.
It looks as though we have a paper weight at this point. I will most likely be going back to SU 8 because a 3 button mouse is fine if one has never experienced the use of a 3d mouse.
shawnkelly

Post by shawnkelly »

To GaryStebbins and ikahn

I wanted to add that if you are on a Mac system I was able to find this that could help:
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtop ... 72&t=51423
A member named sally was able to get it to work.
GaryStebbins

Post by GaryStebbins »

Thank you shawnkelly. I am using Windows - no wonder I couldn't find the files! I'm also switching back to Sketchup 8 until this problem is resolved.

Gary
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

3Dconnexion has released a software update with support for SketchUp 2013 for Windows. You can download the software here.

We expect an update of our software for OS X will be available within one to two weeks and will bring SketchUp 2013 support for that platform as well.

We are regret for the delay in making the software available to you and we're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused our customers, users of SketchUp.
shawnkelly

Post by shawnkelly »

Thank you so much. Its like a charm. And I have to say I am equally impressed by that fact that you all fixed the problem quickly.
shawnkelly

Post by shawnkelly »

It works like a charm.