3003C FLX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sphere

3003C FLX

Post by Sphere »

Hi
I'm using my trusty old serial device (I tried a space pilot for two weeks and didn't get on with the 'ergonomics').

I have the '3d Device not found' problem.
When I start up (or use 'Scan for hardware changes' under Device Manager>Ports), I get an interrupted beeping. This always means no device found. Occasionally I get two solid beeps and away I go happy with the driver working. I also noted that if I hibernate my laptop the device always works on startup. If I shut down, the device is not found next time. Lately I have not been able to use it at all.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Can I use a serial to USB adapter to get round this - with what driver?

As I am hopelessly slow without a 3d input device, I've ordered a Space Navigator as a back up - I'll just have to put up with a cramped hand if I can't solve this!

Thanks
Peter

SB3003

Post by Peter »

Sphere,
Sorry that you are having a problem with your SB3003.
Unfortunately, these are legacy devices and are no longer supported with updated drivers.
Also, 3D Connexion serial devices were never meant to be used with a serial to USB adapter.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Sphere,

As a long time Spaceball user, it took me a little bit to become accustomed to the new shape. You have to hold the device slightly differently, more from the side. I assure you the new sensor works just as well -- actually it works better. It has less internal friction. It allows you to make more use of the full numeric range of the device and it provides more numeric precision at the low end. That gap before the 3003 starts sensing is gone.

Jim
3Dx Software Development