Navigator response problem!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

spyraal

Navigator response problem!

Post by spyraal »

Hello everyone.

I have purchased Space Navigator five days ago, and after 3 days of flawless operation, my Navigator seems suddenly "confused". When trying to move left in 3D space it moves very slow or not at all. When moving vertically up or down the scene also rotates in an uncotrollable way. Every move apart from going left creates sluggish and unwanted rotations. This does not seem driver or setting related because i reistalled the software, i updated to the new version available and nothing got better. The same problems occur in every application in exactly the same way. I have not put the device under any physical stress and there is nothing else i can think of. I would greatly appreciate any help, as it is very disappointing to have this hot new device operating properly for only a few days! Thank you all, in anticipation for a solution.

Spyros Frigas
Greece
Fred

Post by Fred »

Spyros,

Open the 3D control panel
click on Calibrate.

Next click on the app configuration button verify
dominant is not enabled.
Also make sure pan/zoom tilt,spin,roll is enabled.

next open one of the 3D demos and test out the device.
Let me know the results.
spyraal

Post by spyraal »

Hello Fred,

I followed the step you suggested but the behaviour of the cotroller seems to be the same. The response is not fluid, it cannot move left most of the times and when trying to move up or down it also rotates like crazy. This behaviour is consistent and exactly the same in all applications (Maya, GoogleEarth, 3D Cube demo,etc.). I also tried my Navigator on another computer and it reacts in the same way.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Spyros
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi spyraal,
One final check: what is the CPU load (as shown on the task manager) when you use the SpaceNavigator with the Cube Demo? If it is 100% (or 50% on a hyper-threading processor), then check which process is consuming most of the CPU and at what rate.
Nuno Gomes
spyraal

Post by spyraal »

Hi Fred,

The tolal CPU usage during the 3D cube demo varries from 8 to 11%. Process "Cube3D.exe" in particular shows 2% usage on task manager running on the side. My CPU is a dual core Athlon X2 4400+ (2,2GHz).
Thank you for your time.

Spyros
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi spyraal,
You may an hardware problem. Please contact our customer support hotline (phone or E-mail) and they will be able to help you. Contact details can be found here.