No Catia config recognized by 3dxware - only Catia V5 PreR15

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cjk1856

No Catia config recognized by 3dxware - only Catia V5 PreR15

Post by cjk1856 »

I am using Catia R16 Sp4 with a Windows XP 64 bit and am having problems with assigning customized button profiles to the Space Pilot. The only options I have in the software is Any Aplication, Catia V5 PreR15 1 and Catia V5 PreR15 2. If I create custom configs in Catia it will create a new config in the 3dxware, but it doesnt seem to show up or be recognized.

How can I get the Catia config to show up in the 3dxware?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi cjk1856,
Which version of 3DxSoftware is installed on your system?

There should be a "CATIA R15+" configuration available and we need to work out why it isn't there.
Nuno Gomes
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

I am using release 3.1.8, driver 6.1.7, and firmware 3.12 for the 3dxsoftware. The version of Catia is Version 5.16 SP4 Build #16 Hotfix 11.

Thanks for checking into this.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

We need to see if the default configuration for R15 and above is on your system. Below, I'm assuming you have the driver in English and installed in C:\Program Files\.

Check if the file "CatiaR15+.scg" can be found under the folder:
C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\en_us\profiles\default

If not, uninstall 3DxSoftware and, when installing it again, select a "Custom" installation and check the CATIA/DELMIA/ENOVIA panel: verify which check boxes are ticked when the panel is first shown.

Please post here what you find.
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

During install I chose the Normal installation (not custom). I have one configuration file in the location you stated earlier. It is user00.scg. I will uninstall the software and re-install using custom to see if this will work. I will repost the results.

Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjk1856 wrote:I have one configuration file in the location you stated earlier. It is user00.scg.
You mean you only have one file (user00.scg) in
C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\en_us\profiles\default
Are you certain?
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

Yes this is the only configuration file in that location.

During re-install it does not have any check box option for Catia using the latest driver on your website. It has 3dxware, picture, max, acrobat, sketch,, ect..., but no Catia. Is there some other option for this or driver?
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

I contined with the install and saw the check boxes you were referring to. I selected R15 or later and completed the install. I started back up and now in the configuration directory I have a lot of configurations, but still no Catia. Only CatiaPreR15 1 & 2.

Any ideas?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjk1856 wrote:Yes this is the only configuration file in that location.
It seems strange that %APPDATA% is pointing to a "Program Files" folder. What can you see under:
"C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\profiles"?
During re-install it does not have any check box option for Catia using the latest driver on your website. It has 3dxware, picture, max, acrobat, sketch,, ect..., but no Catia.
The panel with "3DxWare and the others" options in a tree control is the "Select Features" panel. Just press on the "Next" button on that panel and the "CATIA/DELMIA/ENOVIA" panel should come up. If it does not, let us know.
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

I finished the install and posted before you did last.

As for your question: What can you see under:
"C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\profiles"?

I see user00.scg only in that location.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi cjk1856,

I sent you an email with the missing files.

Let me know if you got it.

Please report your results back here on the forum.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
cjk1856

Post by cjk1856 »

I copied the configuration files you sent to me and it seems to be working now. It is recogninzing the catia button configurations I I would expect it should. I will test it out and let you know the results. Our company has about 10 of these so I will pass this onto them.

Thanks