Blender 2.61 Question

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

S0L0

Blender 2.61 Question

Post by S0L0 »

Hi, my Space Navigator is working in Blender 2.61, except pressing up and pulling down is not working?

Also, it seems the camera has to always be fixed on an object to fly around,
but in Max you can fly around without being fixed on anything?
jwick

Post by jwick »

This is the way the blender community made it work. I think they had sculpting in mind with the initial implementation.
There is some work underway to make it work more like Maya.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I encourage you to get involved in the blender forums. This is a unique project in which the community is driving (and implementing) the functionality in the application, not 3Dx. They have so far come up with some very clever and innovative uses of the 3D mouse. It is exciting to watch. Let your voice be heard.
Tehrasha

Re: Blender 2.61 Question

Post by Tehrasha »

S0L0 wrote:Hi, my Space Navigator is working in Blender 2.61, except pressing up and pulling down is not working?

Also, it seems the camera has to always be fixed on an object to fly around,
but in Max you can fly around without being fixed on anything?
Currently, all motion is relative to a fixed point, usually the last selected object that you 'fit' to the viewport.

Holding shift allows you to pan along the three axis, which also moves the center of rotation. Without shift, you are limited to rotation and forward/back zoom.

Free flight without shift is in the works. Once that is working, it will have the same feel as what you are used to in Max.

There is essentially one person writing most of this code... for free, so be patient. The rest of us are all beta testers telling him what he did wrong, or what is still broken. :)
SpaceFly

Post by SpaceFly »

Right, looks disappointed :x
Hoped i could use the spacenavigator free in blender for the camera. but it fails also with the latest 2.63 version. Its a weird choice because its against logic. You try to pan in all directions with space navigator.

I hope the really really really fix something important as pnning with space navigator soon. It makes blender much more friendly.

Or is tehre aw ay that we can tell blender that when you pna it need to do shift + pan ?