Wireless SpaceNavigator :)

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bluestorm

Wireless SpaceNavigator :)

Post by bluestorm »

Wireless SpaceNavigator please
architectED

Post by architectED »

So any word on when a wireless device will be available? :?: [/quote]
Lazy Gun

Re: Wireless SpaceNavigator :)

Post by Lazy Gun »

bluestorm wrote:Wireless SpaceNavigator please
Same here please! :D

Just bought a SpaceNavigator, totally blown away by it - wireless would be perfect!

LG
kklaver

Post by kklaver »

Any news on a wireless version? My spacenavigator's cord is taking a beating with all the traveling required. WIRELESS :mrgreen: Please
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

Wireless would be cool as long as it doesnt have terrible battery life (Logitech high end gaming mice are known for this) and doesnt sacrifice any responsiveness due to the wire communication. I seems typically you get hindered by one of those problems if not both with wireless "tracking" input devices.
ARKYTK

Post by ARKYTK »

I have been looking for this for several years! Is there a wireless solution coming out soon?
AA3D

Post by AA3D »

ben_r_ wrote:Wireless would be cool as long as it doesnt have terrible battery life (Logitech high end gaming mice are known for this) and doesnt sacrifice any responsiveness due to the wire communication. I seems typically you get hindered by one of those problems if not both with wireless "tracking" input devices.
High end gaming mice have to constantly actively make their measurements, meaning that even when the mouse is not being moved it still needs power. I believe the 3dconnexion only needs to use power when it is being moved. As for responsiveness, we don't actually need it to be as responsive as a 2D mouse. Our interactions with 2D are a lot faster.

Therefore I'm not too worried about these problems :)
Last edited by AA3D on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA3D

Post by AA3D »

As for me, I'd love a wireless 3DX too! Even though I use it at a desk, the wire limits its usability for me.

I'd expect the mouse to get either bigger or lighter with wireless, however, since some space would be sacrificed for batteries and electronics instead of being used for weights.
Lesiu

Post by Lesiu »

I've already bought SpaceMouse Pro and I would be angry to see wireless version soon. I have wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, only my SpaceMouse Pro has a wire, that is why it's hidden in a locker. However when wireless version of SpaceNavigator comes up I'll consider buying it for my wife.
SpaceMouse Pro
James.McIntosh

Post by James.McIntosh »

Wireless would be great for all the travelling I have to do.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Great that this has finally come along...

I had to look back to my post from 2009 where I suggested a wireless option... Amongst other things :D

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3269#p17122
Lazy Gun

Post by Lazy Gun »

Main issue for me, is the battery replaceable?
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

This is great news! Now I can sit and relax wherever I want using the 3DMouse and not worry about tripping over cords! The 1 month battery life is incredible!

While all desktops/laptops have full sized USB ports, the MS Surface is the only tablet I know of that also has a full sized USB port:
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/ ... ifications
Many smartphones/tablets have micro usb receptacles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Host_a ... eceptacles

While I do realize that other smartphone/tablets aren't officially supported, I'm wondering if one were to use an adapter like this one:
http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/ ... le~UUSBOTG
Would the smartphone/tablet operating system be able to read it? And if so, I'm wondering if it exposes this information to applications? I suppose one could try this with the wired 3Dmouse, but dealing with the long cord is a pain. Maybe use a USB splitter cable so you can charge without having to disconnecting the adapter. Of course Bluetooth/WiFi would be a more elegant solution for tablets/smartphones.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth# ... 3.0_.2B_HS
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Hypersonic,

technically our device should work with the adapter. But then ... what operating system do you have on your tablet? If you have a Surface Pro then you have Windows 8 and we have a driver. But for Windows RT or Android there is no driver available. :D So ...