AutoCAD 2007 Paning problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

blizzard

Post by blizzard »

I have SN with release 3.1.8 w/ 3DxAutoCAD v4.0.8.0 installed but I can't get it to pan in the y direction (up-down). I have it set to zoom by pulling up on the puck (z axis) and that works great as well as panning in the x direction but nothing in the y axis.
If I switch the zoom direction, the zoom in CAD works that way so I know that this probably isn't a hardware problem.

Then in 3d orbit mode, nothing works except zoom.

Any suggestions?

Other than this the product works great in all other applications, too bad I bought it for AutoCAD

Thanks
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi blizzard

If you configured the zoom direction in a different manner, you should consider as well, that the navigation works in a different way. Panning up-down will work with these settings by pulling, respectively pushing the navigation knob.

I would suggest to check the settings under the "Extended settings" as well. Here could you enable/disable each navigation possibility individual.
Last edited by agoenczi on Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
agoenczi
blizzard

Post by blizzard »

I have this same problen with both zoom configurations and have all "individual axes" checked under the "advanced settings." Any other ideas?

The only movement I can get is zoom and paning left-right.
Thanks again for the help.
blizzard

Post by blizzard »

Is there anyone that might be able to help with the problem listed above? It is NOT just a setting and I understand that navigation would work in a differant way if it is configured differently.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.