AutoCAD 2006

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dayoooper

AutoCAD 2006

Post by dayoooper »

I loaded the AutoCAD 2006 and prior legacy driver and can not get the Space Navigator to work. System was rebooted as well. Any suggestions? Not sure how far back this driver supports, but just for grins I tried with R13 and it did not work either although this is not a concern.

Thanks!
-Mark
agoenczi
User
User

AutoCAD 2006

Post by agoenczi »

Hi dayooper

Please check if your device works with the delivered demo program (-s); for example with:

Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3Dconnexion 3DxWare -> Demos -> Cube3D Demo

If your device doesn't work, contact 3Dconnexion support.

Before installing any 3DxSoftware, you should already have installed AutoCAD.

You have to install a driver (by installing 3DxSoftware v3-1-8; you can choose a Complete installation or a Custom installation in this latter case you have to check 3DxWare which is the driver itself and further components as you need).

After installing 3DxSoftware you have to install the legacy add-in for pre-2007 versions of AutoCAD.

You have install all 3Dconnexion software as an administrator.

If you installed all the components as described and you still have problems, just contact 3Dconnexion support.
agoenczi
arktype

AutoCad2006

Post by arktype »

Hi, I have installed all the components for my Navigator, but I can't find this legacy driver for autocad 2006, where do I get it? when I try to run the app in autocad (for autocad 2007 I assume) it won't run. I need help! thanks

N
ghannigan

Post by ghannigan »

http://www.3dconnexion.com/support/4a1.php

Step 2 (OS): Archive (Legacy Software)
Step 3 (Files): Autocad (Pre-2007)