No zoom/pan in Autocad 2012

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rob-s

No zoom/pan in Autocad 2012

Post by rob-s »

Hi All,
I wonder if anyone has come across this problem..
I recently got updated to Autocad Mech. 2012 and since, can't get the pan/zoom function working (it did before on Autocad 2009). Now, either nothing happens or lines disappear into infinity. All functions work fine in Inventor 2012.
I have tried tinkering with different settings in the 3DConnexion panel, no results.
Windows 7 - 64, SpacePilot, firmware 3.12, driver 3.15.2
Thanks for any suggestions and help.
Happy Holidays!
Rob S.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi rob-s -

Try switching to a 3D view in AutoCAD2012 - some of the 2D views disable even pan and zoom until you switch to a 3D wireframe view. The list of Visual Styles opens in the upper left corner of the view window. When you choose 3D Wireframe from that menu you should find pan and zoom available.

The settings that control the SpacePilot in AutoCAD 2012 are a part of the application rather than part of the 3Dconnexion software. The NavBar for instance - the vertical toolbar with options for 3D navigation - is a part of AutoCAD 2012 interface. The Navbar should be turned on and on the Model tab or in Model Space, the View Cube should be turned on.

You can return to the default settings for AutoCAD in the 3Dconnexion Properties with "Options- Restore all Defaults". AutoCAD should have the SpacePilot focus and your AutoCAD profile should be listed at the top of the 3Dconnexion Properties window. A dialog box will say that restoring defaults will remove all changes you have made to the configuration - confirm to restore defaults.

The 3Connexion AutoCAD add-in is used only for versions up to AutoCAD 2010. Beginning with 2011 AutoDesk has made the 3D navigation a part of the application so for AutoCAD 2012 no add-in is needed for the SpacePilot.

-----------
Barbara
rob-s

Post by rob-s »

Thanks Barbara, I got it working now.
Thank you.
Happy New Year!
rob
rob-s

Post by rob-s »

Thanks Barbara, I got it working now.
Thank you.