Joystick Driver request

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Ah, just done the naughty and pushed the Buy-it-Now for anew SpaceNavigator.

Hopefully something will happen wrt our request for official Centrafuse support, and in the meantime I can mold the SpaceNavigator into my car's interior. Refer to my project log in my signature.

The SpaceTraveler would be relegated to my workdesk, so I can use it with Autocad.

Nice, the best of both worlds :)
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Ah, seems the signature must be active when a post is made -> anyway, here it is.....
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

@ Jwick: Have anyone from Fluxmedia been in touch with you, Jim? I have forwarded your email addy to Scott/David, and onto the dev team....

Just curious....
jwick

Post by jwick »

Nope. Haven't heard a thing.
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Hey Jim,
Thanx, I will chat to Scott/David again, and see they get in touch with you then. I know they are also very busy with the next version release of Centrafuse, which is a major-change, but let's see how things go.

Will get back in touch with you in next few days.

Br,
Phillip
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Hello Jim,
Ok, as I suspected, David and dev team is pretty busy until after CF3 release - but, I will ask him permision to forward the SDK to you that will allow you to do work on the CF 2 platform :)

Which language do prefer to program in?

The SDK have options for:

C#
C++
VB.NET
J#
JScript.NET

Or do you have another preference for developing the plugin?

There's also the Plugin Forum over here, where you get get lots of info from the forum-members, and admin.

Could this be a way forward for us? You can also download a trial-version of the frontend here

I will speak to David/Reagan about the SDK, if you're ok with it?

Kindly let me know.
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Btw, the trial expires after 30 days, but you can uninstall/re-install all the time, until the developement is complete.

waiting feedback from David re sharing the sdk with you, and you need to tell me which language sdk you need - as per above.

Thanx for your efforts, Jim, we all appreciate it!
mrbean

Post by mrbean »

Me again ->

@ Jim: Go here, seems you can create your own account (register) to get a login, and download the sdk :)

Please keep me posted!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi mrbean,

We don't have the resources to develop a plugin for CF.

If their SDK is easy to use, so is ours, and maybe one of you in your community can bring the two together to create a plugin for CF.

We'd be happy to support questions on the use of our SDK.

Jim
GTWillemsen

Post by GTWillemsen »

@Official request: OFP 2.

@Realism: Support for RBC9....
pggirvin

signed mouse driver

Post by pggirvin »

I just want to add my voice to this thread.
3DCONNEXION !!!!!!!
Listen!!!
You have a *great* piece of hardware that is missing a vital piece of software.
It seems like you have decided that it would be just too much trouble to have so many people buy your product if you made it able to work like a mouse as well as a 3D controller.
If the "community" does your work for you, ie: write the driver using your SDK, that does NOT WORK with Windows 7, because it would be an UNSIGNED DRIVER.
Do you have any idea how many people have carpal tunnel syndrome that would be able to use your products if they had a driver?

I'm not holding out much hope, if you haven't bothered to do it yet.
[/list]
Patrick Girvin
mink

Post by mink »

kgrosser wrote:
So, amongst FSSCP, D2X and any other game out there I'd personally would like to use it for:

- Scope/Pulsar DSP studio host software
- Cubase
- ProTools
- PADS, Eagle and other elcronic design programs
- OpenOffice
- MediaCenter software (any brand)
- Gimp, Picture Publisher etc.
I would add a vote for the Studio Workstations (i.e. Cubase, Ableton etc...)
And...
I am convinced that due to the limited development resources at 3dconx the approach to supply a dedicated integration for each application to be supported is not appropriate.
A more generic approach seems to me more feasible.
As an example could just "borrow" the way the griffin powermate driver and ui handle the integration-issues.

Regards Mink.
Jesseri

Post by Jesseri »

I would add a vote for the Studio Workstations (i.e. Cubase, Ableton etc...)
Regards Mink.
Same here. I noticed there was a nice 3d Space navigator midi controller VST plugin which used RBC9/ drivers (3D Space navigator as joystic) but drivers doesn't seem to work with my Win 7 x64.

I would like to see 3D Connexion to make a same type of generic mouse/joystic driver as RBC9 have done.
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

At least jwick promised so in this very thread when someone asked for support on a 3rd party, paid for driver:
jwick wrote:While it would be informative to find out how much you guys are willing to pay for this driver, in all good conscience I need to stop this thread before you waste too much time. The features you are asking for are in the next 3DxWare release. This has been in closed beta for the last 6 weeks. Feedback has been received. Changes are being made. An open beta will be conducted when those changes have been completed and approved by the closed beta group.
This was last August, with a couple of note short afterwards leading to the misconception the next "open" beta would be more or less "close". As much as assuming "close open beta" should have hinted towards a pun it rather turns out into a bad hoax for me: As you can read in the post linked above I purchased a SpacePilotPro and migrated to Win7 64 Bit on the mere promise of this going to happen - nothing ever since - useless SPP, RBC not working correctly under 64Bit - not happy me!!!

I do not think that muddiman pursueing his intent would have been any more "waste of time" rather than waiting for this going to happen from 3Dconnexion.

I should have known better - this has been going on literally for years, and everytime someone asks for global software support 3D connexiion will blame the software maker - on a 400,- buck hardware without proper driver!!!

I appologize if I sound like disillusioned, let down, and peevish - but I am, well knowing that this forum doesn't even allow to take back my words due to the lack of an editing function.
YBW

Another month and still no universal driver

Post by YBW »

This is what I was afraid of when jwick discouraged muddiman back in August.

JWick would you explain the six month lapse since the open beta was almost ready? Was this mendacity or incompetence? Just askin'.

Muddiman, if you're tracking this discussion, any thoughts on calling their bluff?