Device in registry was not found

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dale

Device in registry was not found

Post by dale »

Each time I upgrade a spaceball device I have this problem. Now I want to replace a spaceball 5000 with a space explorer. Your previous driver uninstall obviously does not clear up the registry and I can't get the new software to find the new hardware. I had the same problem when I went from spaceball 4000 to 5000. Do you have a reg hack to fix this?
In the old days the labtech software let you select the port your device was on, so it was very easy to change.
ngomes

Re: Device in registry was not found

Post by ngomes »

dale wrote:I can't get the new software to find the new hardware.
Hi dale. Are you using a SpaceExplorer with an USB or a serial connector? The new software (3DxWare driver in release "3.0") will display a warning when looking for old devices but it will then enter a search mode and should find any supported device.
Nuno Gomes
dale

Post by dale »

New is USB, I tried replacing both a serial and usb spaceball and had same problem. Back when I went from serial 4000 to usb 5000 is took hours of install/uninstall, registry cleaners and such. This is a long standing problem with your software. Why can't I choose the device port instead of letting is guest?
Guenter Weiss

Post by Guenter Weiss »

>>Back when I went from serial 4000 to usb 5000 is took hours of install/uninstall, registry cleaners and such. <<

Hello Dale,

if you are able to give more details would this clarify your situation.

Which device you want install?
Which connector this device have?
Which OS you are using?
Which 3DxSoftware version you had installed?
Which new 3DxSoftware version you want install?

Sorry for my (silly?) questions, but I cannot understand exactly what you want do?

I believe, one clean uninstallation should manually doable in max. 10 minutes and then new installation will be done in max 10 minutes also.
Please post your environment data for a better understanding.

ThanX in advance!
Guenter Weiss
--------------------------
Things could be worse!
dale

Post by dale »

NEW IS USB, like I said before. I don't care which I replace, I don't care which software. I just want to try the my new space explorer. My OS is windows, which is another problem, since you don't have W2K drivers. So my only computers with XP SP2 are in constant use by design and I have to interupt them. I tried it once on XP replacing spaceball 5000 usb and it wouldn't work after 1/2 hour of 2 people not working, I can't afford to do that again.

If I had W2K drivers I could install it on an extra computer for testing.

Also I can't find any documention for the Explorer. Are the buttons programmable or not? How? If not, then my user doesn't want it anyway.
dale

Post by dale »

Here is what I did.
Unistall software. Shutdown. Remore old hardware.
Boot up, no problems. Shutdown.
Install new hardware, boot up, found new hardware.
Install software, ERROR device in registry not found.

This is the exact same problem I have had for years with your software.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dale,
dale wrote:Also I can't find any documention for the Explorer. Are the buttons programmable or not? How? If not, then my user doesn't want it anyway.
The SpaceExplorer buttons are fully reprogrammable.
Please refer to the SpaceExplorer specification information on the device product page.
The same information is available on the SpaceExplorer datasheet (note: link to a PDF document).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dale,

We are sorry for the repetitive questions.
dale wrote:Install software, ERROR device in registry not found.
You should only be seeing this warning once and then the driver continues in order to search for the device. This behaviour is by design.
If you are seeing the warning each time you launch the driver (3DxWare) using the very same device, then there is indeed a bug and further investigation is required.
With release 3.0, our Windows software no longer supports serial devices. In other words, only USB devices are supported.
You can use your SpaceBall 5000 (USB) or your SpaceExplorer (USB) with release 3.0.
Again, our apologises for the redundant questions.
dale

Post by dale »

I got some time on a difference PC with XP SP2 and after going through the uninstall, reinstall procedure I got it working in Unigraphics NX4.

Next problems,
1) I did "complete" install, but it doesn't work on any MS office apps, and I don't find 3doffice in the start menu.

2) 3d rotate/pan/zoom is uncontrolable in Sescoi WorkNC18. The spaceball 4000 I replaced worked better in this app. Changing speed doesn't help.

Old 3d device= Spaceball FLX4000 serial, 3dxware software version 5.5.6
New= Space Explorer usb, software v3.0
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dale,
dale wrote:1) I did "complete" install, but it doesn't work on any MS office apps, and I don't find 3doffice in the start menu.
Please refer to the post Where can I find 3DxOffice, 3DxPhotoshop and 3DxAcrobat?
dale wrote:2) 3d rotate/pan/zoom is uncontrolable in Sescoi WorkNC18. The spaceball 4000 I replaced worked better in this app. Changing speed doesn't help.
We do not have this application on the list of software that supports 3Dconnexion devices.
When support for 3Dconnexion devices is implemented natively in the application, we advise our customers to report these issues directly to the application editor's Customer Service. We do appreciate that any information from those reports be posted on this Forum.
dale

Post by dale »

someone wrote:You can find these plug-ins under Download Drivers --> Choose Device --> Archives on the 3Dconnexion website. While 3Dconnexion continues to make these plug-ins available, they are no longer officially supported. They can be used as is.
So you no longer support Microsoft office?

Sescoi said they are in development and hope to be supported in next version for anyone insterested.
Last edited by dale on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi dale,
dale wrote:So you no longer support Microsoft office?
That is correct. Microsoft Office is no longer actively supported by 3Dconnexion. 3DxOffice, our product for generic Windows applications, is still available for download and to be used in an "as-is" basis.
dale wrote:Sescoi said they are in development and hope to be supported in next version for anyone insterested.
That's excellent news. Thanks for posting it here.