User configurable interface to emulate a keyboard/mouse/Joy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwick

Post by jwick »

The SpaceNavigator for Notebooks is supported.
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

jwick wrote: When it's deemed ready for general public consumption by the powers that be. That's all the details I can give you now. It's in testing....you know how that goes.
The moment you can give a comfirmative positive response on these I will immediately place an order for an SP pro...
We're counting on it...and "thank you".
Done ... so I consider the ball in your park now... and ... "you're welcome!"
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

Any chance one could participate in further beta testing? (Now, that I have received my SP Pro?)
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

Another thought I had, just to make up my mind what to do withmy ST and SN now: will the new driver/software support multiple units with differnt configs - as in SN as mouse and SPP as Joystick or both as one Joystick with multiple axes?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Yes, multiple devices with different uses are supported.
ids

Post by ids »

Any idea when this is going to be availible. I understand it is still in private beta but am very intrested in testing it for Car PC use.

Ids 8)
andygardner

Post by andygardner »

I wonder if we'll see these drivers in 2011.
zzz2496

Post by zzz2496 »

The "it's coming within weeks" post was around april IIRC... If that's any indication, I'd say that driver won't see the light of day... A beta (that is fully functional driver with lots of bugs) doesn't stay in beta stage for more than 6 months, unless it's fundamentally flawed and needs a complete rewrite/rebuild...

zzz2496
maqua

I am obviously a beginner

Post by maqua »

Hi,
I use the spaceNavigator with UG NX 6 and Abaqus 6.10 here at work and am very happy with it. For christmas I got a pc game (SW the force unleashed) and i wanted to try and use the 3d mouse with it but i even failed to install the rcb9 driver (my win wanted an .inf file but i only had a .sys file) under win xp 32bit. So i am very curiously awaiting this next gen 3d mouse driver that allows fully custumized bindings.
Obviously I'd be glad to test it aswell, aslong as i haven't disqulified me through my incompetence... :-)

Happy new year to you all, it was fun reading your articles.
:-)
bjevers

Update?

Post by bjevers »

Any other updates or ETA on when this new driver will be released? Is there any way I could get the beta in the meantime?

Thanks...Brian
YBW

A repeat post

Post by YBW »

Sorry to repeat myself, but JWick can you tell us why you discouraged muddiman from pursuing a 3rd party driver last August?

You said the open beta was just around the corner. What happened?

Curious minds want to know.
Cafim

Post by Cafim »

Nothing? No comment, jwick? If you're going to say something is coming, it's usually a good idea to deliver within 6 months, even if just an update with excuse. Otherwise you flush whatever credibility you might have had. As it stands now, short of giving us a link to the live driver, I won't believe anything you say.

Driver development has its challenges, sure, but even a junior software company can develop software (with hardware interface) many orders of magnitude more complex than the driver you need to make, several times over, in less time than it's taken you to *not* deliver a public beta. Even when you do, how many years will it take to actually have a product that's gold and stable?

I'd like to get in line for muddiman to develop a driver. I suspect it will be better than the 'official' driver anyway, and well worth $10, $20, $30, whatever he'd like to charge. And while I still love the devices, I only buy them used - no fresh cash for the 3D connexion coffers is coming from my wallet....
jwick

Post by jwick »

I am not sure why you guys think posts like these will help get you into what is a very active ongoing beta program. Unfortunately, I have to tell you, they don't help your cause. I read every post someone makes before sending an invitation.

Many other people who have positively contributed to this forum are now actively helping to shape the software for their own use. We greatly appreciate their input and respond personally to every suggestion they make.

They are all under NDA. They can't respond to you.

We do appreciate the enthusiasm you have for your 3D mouse.
DragonFist

Post by DragonFist »

Looking forward to these drivers. Haven't been able to get the rb9 ones to work with my Win7 64 setup.

I can use my SpacePilot with Lightwave or 3DCoat, but I'd like to use it for several other apps and a game or two.

Only registered today but have been following these threads and the 3Dx Labs page hoping to find an update.
rusti

Post by rusti »

Spacepilot is a good input.

If I followed this thread thoroughly enough I think jwick you confirmed that the upcoming driver will support SpacePilot Pro and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks. Is it safe to assume that the other current products SpaceExplorer and SpaceNavigator will also be supported? On top of that will any no longer current products still be supported with the new drivers? Most interestingly the SpaceTraveller and the SpacePilot (without pro)?

Can't wait to have a 6DOF device with such a flexible driver.