A shocked new owner of a SpacePilot

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MarkV

Post by MarkV »

Can any of the hand picked beta testers tell us if Beta testing has commenced?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Yes, a closed beta has begun.
KaaS

Re: A shocked new owner of a SpacePilot

Post by KaaS »

JeronCoolman wrote:I'm a software developer, musician and videographer. So I use software developmment tools like Microsoft's Visual Studio and Adobe's Dreamweaver (no SpacePilot support). I can think of many ways the SpacePilot could help navigating an IDE interface (Interactive Development Environment).
So, what about it? Is it any way to use SpacePilot in my own app created in MS Visual Studio?
flyboy_____

Post by flyboy_____ »

I bought yesterday my spacenavigator to use in Windows 7 32/64bit.
I'm EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with this device!!! (windows support JOY/MOU/KEY)
RBC9 unofficial drivers has several issues.
Hardware seams good (besides crappy cord), but drivers are very very poor for supporting a standard Windows GUI for all apps.

I need to receive those beta drivers please, to allow me to evalluate if I should keep the SpaceNavigator or return it and receive a full reffund.

Can you send me a beta driver to my email?
Riven

Post by Riven »

I have been looking for solutions fro this for a long time. Even to go so far as to write scripts to get mapping to work. Would love a beta invite. :D
RBC9 unofficial drivers has several issues.
Yea, they did have some issues. I could get part of the functionality to work with my Space Pilot. I got the joystick/mouse part of it to work somewhat after playing with the system settings. I got the source code from the author for it though I get errors using Visual Studio 2010 last time I tried and not to sure how to fix them.

GlovePIE did to work with the Space Pilot using the Spaceball commands.
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

Wow, this beta test is slow and reply hit rate on this thread is rubbish. I'm glad i haven't stumped up the cash for a Space Pilot Pro. I feel sorry for some of the early posters that seem to have been mislead about delivery dates on new functions in coming drivers.....
Kennyroy

my test post

Post by Kennyroy »

I am disheartened to see so many unhappy customers around here. I'm about to post my own issue in the main forum but I have to respond to another post first. We'll se if this is an issue that can be resolved quickly or not.....
k
alimagator

Post by alimagator »

So its been at least 6 months... what's the status of this closed beta?
jwick

Post by jwick »

We have released 3DxWare 10 open beta.

This release includes keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation.

Please try it out and let us know what you think. There is a new 3DxWare 10 Beta Forum for discussion.

I'm locking this thread so users who get informed about changes to the thread won't miss this announcement. Feel free to start a new thread to continue this discussion, if you wish.