Coating on cap and buttons, Space Navigator

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Magic Man

Coating on cap and buttons, Space Navigator

Post by Magic Man »

Whilst moving things around today, noticed with a little dismay that the coating on the left button of my Space Navigator had puckered somewhat.

Seems there's a clear coating over the button that gives it that rubbery feeling, same thing on the cap I assume. It had blistered slightly and started to pull away so I had to pick and rub the rest of it away to stop it looking untidy. Same thing is also happening on the left side of the cap along the little vertical edge, trouble is, if I try to tidy that up I'll have to pull the coating off the entire cap.

Doesn't affect the useage one bit of course but not brilliant longevity for a coating there.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Does make me a little nervous about what could happen to the big palm panel that is on my SP Pro...
UtaSH

Re: Coating on cap and buttons, Space Navigator

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Magic Man,

if the SpaceNavigator shows the coating problem we will replace your device. Please contact the Technical Support. You can either call them or fill the webform ("Email form").

Don't worry about the SpacePilot PRO. We improved the material and the production process so this issue does not occur on devices produced after April 2008. 8)
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Okay, thanks for that, good to know. Yep, SN would have been from around 2007 I think.

Not sure if it's really worth sending it off though - unless you want to send me a new one first... :D
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

:oops: I forgot to mention that we replace the device if it is still within the warranty. The SpaceNavigator has two years warranty, so yours is out of warranty. Sorry, no replacement. :(
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Technically, in the UK, it's covered under the sale of goods act which expects it to last a good 5 or 6 years...

...but, no worries :)