Autodesk - AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 - Zoom Function

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jonvuk

Autodesk - AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 - Zoom Function

Post by jonvuk »

I am running AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2011 on an Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop on top of a Windows 7 Operating system with a 3dconnexion navigator mouse and everything seems to be working fine except the zoom function.

No matter what setting I try the zoom function does not work. Its very jittery. Either zooming in or all the way out. There is no feathering the zoom.

I have tried adjusting the overall speed on the control panel. No luck.

I tried clicking on the clibrate button. No change.

Speed of panning in the x and y axis changes with changes to the speed adjustment, that works fine. The zooming function stays exactly the same.

I even tried changing from the up/down to the push/pull option for zoom and the result was the same. Zooming did not work.

Anyone else run across this? Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks,
John Vukelic
Userid: jonvuk
Fred

Post by Fred »

We are working with Autocad to assist them in making the necessary adjustments in the application regarding jittery movement.
Autocad 2011 is now natively supported, it no longer uses a addin from our software.
busschaert79

Zooming and panning in autocad 2011 with spacepilot

Post by busschaert79 »

Hello,

I also have the problem of zooming into autocad2011 with the spacepilot and the latest driver and also with the beta driver, my OS is windows vista 64 bit.
with zooming and panning in AutoCAD 2011 is all going very slowly or stuck autocad.

I hope soon a new driver can be downloaded.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

You should report your problem to Autodesk, too.
busschaert79

Post by busschaert79 »

Autodesk has been informed, I got the notice that 3D connexion have to do the correct adjustment to support AutoCAD 2011, so it is waiting for a new driver from 3D connexion.

I hope soon available.

Regards

Andy
jmi-chuck

Possible short term solution...

Post by jmi-chuck »

I too have this problem. What I don't see in this thread is how to properly get the device to work. Since the support is native to AutoDesk products now, you will need to uninstall the driver for AutoCAD. Here is a copy of an email that I got from a support Tech from 3Dconnexion

You should uninstall the 3Dconnexion AutoCAD Add-In as it is only for versions up to AutoCAD2010.You can uninstall the add-in using Add/Remove Software in the Windows Control Panel . [Windows ControlPanel- Add/Remove Software – 3Dconnexion – Change|Modify]

Also get the latest driver for your video card supported by your software.
hughwyeth

Post by hughwyeth »

yep
busschaert79

panning and zooming with a 3D Connexion mous in autocad 2011

Post by busschaert79 »

Concerning the solution to the problem of panning and zooming with a 3D Connexion mouse in autocad 2011, I informed both Autodesk end 3d connexion of this problem and there is still no solution for it, it is unfortunate that a satisfied customers are less satisfied now.
I am urgently looking for a solution from Autodesk or 3d connexion , I have this problem first stated on May 19, 2010, by telephone and email

Please an urgent solution

Regards

Andy
jmi-chuck

Deeply frustrated with AutoDesk

Post by jmi-chuck »

Looks like there won't be a fix until the next major release. Here is what I got today from autoDesk;
This is an update to your case. Our development team has tentatively scheduled to deliver a fix in the next major release of AutoCAD. The specific release date is unknown, so please use the timing of previous release cycles as a guideline.
:x

I suggested that they work on a hotfix that will allow the use of the 3dconnexion driver.
jmi-chuck

Please log a complaint/solution with AutoCAD

Post by jmi-chuck »

The link below to log a complaint/ suggested solution with AutoDesk is below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... id=1109794
pcraig

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 & SpacePilot Pro

Post by pcraig »

Also cannot zoom or pan, but buttons do work. 3DConnection Tech Support suggested uninstalling the 3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD since 2011 implemented its own navigation. Still not working.
Logged a complaint with AutoDesk: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... id=1109794
Yes, a hotfix would be a great thing.
MicroStation V8i seems to work OK.