A shocked new owner of a SpacePilot

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

:lol: count me in aswell, got to see this happen, very happy if it do happens!
marue

Post by marue »

Waiting for that driver too.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

jwick wrote:You won't have to wait another quarter.
We almost have... :lol:
jwick

Post by jwick »

Testing, testing, testing...
Better us than you at this point.
We have to get Microsoft involved also to allow you to use things on your machine w/o having to boot with insecure options.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

...still this quarter then? :wink:
jwick

Post by jwick »

Not in the next 9 days I'm afraid.
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

I'm also very eager for this new driver.

I also hope that it not only allows mapping of keystrokes to an axis on a per-application basis, but on a per-Window basis too.

For instance, 3D support in ArchiCAD is great for the 3D view window. But in the 2D window, where I'd spend most of my time, the spaceNav doesn't work AT ALL! You'd think it would allow panning and zoom functions, but no, nothing. Believe it or not, adding this function alone would be more productive overall than using sNav in the 3D window.

I'd also like it to not just emulate keystrokes, but also mouse buttons, movements - and scrollwheel movements too.

So in ArchiCAD, I'd like set it, for example, so that a left-pan movement with the sNav emulates, in all windows except the supported 3D window, a middle button press-and-hold, along with a simultaneous mouse movement to the left.

Would this new driver be able to do this?

:) Pete
ArchiCAD 12 INT edu; Artlantis edu; Windows XP sp3 32-bit; 2 x nVidia 8600 GT; Intel Core2 Duo;
bobloadmire

Post by bobloadmire »

I am about to purchase my first Spacepilot, but i am waiting for a way to map controls to the adobe suite like AE and Premier and also Sony Acid. I use 3ds max, and cinema 4d which i know are support, but i don't like having a paper weight 75% of the time considering what i am paying for the thing. Please let em know when we can make custom mapping! it shall be awesome.
Ozziemomo

Post by Ozziemomo »

Hi, I've owned my spacepilot for years and would like to have some joystick type drivers also. When can I expect these? I spent over 500 dollars on this and would like to be able to program this to do other things. I really need this gift before I recommend this to my engineering friends or update to a new one. Thanks for all the support and help, Pat Stephens.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

...hello?

<tumbleweed>
jwick

Post by jwick »

You are not forgotten Magic Man.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Good :D

I await the new software with eager anticipation... 8)

As said, if you're looking for a beta tester for software/hardware (I have lots more ideas on the hardware front...) - let me know...
jwick

Post by jwick »

I will be hand-picking the first group of external beta testers. You are one of them. Make sure your email address is correct in your account info.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Nice! Fame at last... :D

btw, plugged you are couple of times now on Renderosity. Couldn't use Poser without my 3D controllers now...
alimagator

Beta test

Post by alimagator »

Hi! Been following this thread for months in anticipation. I would love to get in on the beta test if possible whenever it becomes available!