cant navigate properly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chantalharvey

Post by chantalharvey »

i-cube wrote:also, demos are not working properly.
Cube 3d demo, when i spin to left, cube tilts and goes down. when i spin to right, it tilts and goes closer to camera.
when i tilt, it goes closer to camera ..
sigh :(
Thanks for your report, i-cube, I have exact the same problem, it felt like coming home, reading this forum tread. I am using the mouse for 2 years now, and now encounter the problems you have too. I cannot do a pan to the right anymore, no matter what i try. I make machinima and switched to windows7 64 bits, that is when my problems started. Got the newest drivers, and followed all the advice given in this tread.
Doesnt help. I still use the mouse, but for certain moves it s useless now.
Bryan

Trouble Shooting Information

Post by Bryan »

Dear chantalharvey,

What release version of 3DxSoftware do you have listed in the About Item under the Help Menu in the 3dconnexion Control Panel.

Which of our devices are you using?

Do you find this problem, just in the cube demo?
or in other demo's as well?
in which applications?

What computer set up are you using?
graphic card?

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
chantalharvey

Re: Trouble Shooting Information

Post by chantalharvey »

Bryan wrote:Dear chantalharvey,

What release version of 3DxSoftware do you have listed in the About Item under the Help Menu in the 3dconnexion Control Panel.

Which of our devices are you using?

Do you find this problem, just in the cube demo?
or in other demo's as well?
in which applications?

What computer set up are you using?
graphic card?

Sincerely,
Bryan
Hi Brian,

* release version 3.10.1
driver version 6.10.0
firmware version 4.04
Spacenavigator

I have windows 7, 64 bits, a nvidea GTX285, i750 intel core -8mb cache, DDR3 6GB memory, 850 Wpower

I use the navigator for creating machinima in Second Life, http://mamachinima.eu shows what i do.
Most annoying thing - i cant get it right, is a pan to the right. Have been doing that for ages, and it doesnt work anymore. It gives a tilt up!

thanks for your response, I appreciate your help - a lot!
Bryan

Current Settings?

Post by Bryan »

Dear chantalharvey,

In the 3Dconnexion Control Panel,

under the 'Device Configuration' Tab,
which zoom direction do you have checked?

Under the 'App Configuration' Tab,
what do you have checked on?

Under the 'Advanced Settings' Tab,
what is checked on?

Sincerely,
Bryan
chantalharvey

Re: Current Settings?

Post by chantalharvey »

In the 3Dconnexion Control Panel,

under the 'Device Configuration' Tab,
which zoom direction do you have checked?

Under the 'App Configuration' Tab,
what do you have checked on?

Under the 'Advanced Settings' Tab,
what is checked on?

Sincerely,
Bryan
Zoom direction; i tried both, and now have the blue one checked.
App. Configuration; I have pan/zoom and tilt/spin/roll checked
Advanced settings; i have all 6 checked on

;o) Chantal.
Bryan

Stop Drivers with Second Life

Post by Bryan »

Dear chantalharvey,

You seem to have plenty of machine, the correct drivers, correct settings on our side of the aisle. Try 'Stop Drivers' before opening up Second Life. (Start, 3Dconnexion, 3Dconnexion 3DxWare). Second Life doesn't make use of our drivers. They make use of their own. The two may be interferring with each other.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Fred

Post by Fred »

SecondLife has a built in driver for the 3D devices.
Before logging into Secondlife turn off our driver.
When you log in it will automatically start their version of the driver.
Any modifications needs to be done in the application for motion.

Best support would be to contact Secondlife and see what needs to be re-enabled etc. in there control panel.
chantalharvey

Re: Stop Drivers with Second Life

Post by chantalharvey »

You seem to have plenty of machine, the correct drivers, correct settings on our side of the aisle. Try 'Stop Drivers' before opening up Second Life. (Start, 3Dconnexion, 3Dconnexion 3DxWare). Second Life doesn't make use of our drivers. They make use of their own. The two may be interferring with each other.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!
I tried this, and nothing changes. I just cannot make a pan to the right, it tilts the camera upwards.
I reset all settings in Second Life to default, that was one thing i hadnt thought off, but unfortunately it doesnt change a thing.

I stop the driver, before starting SL, and then when that didnt work, i stopped the driver while running SL - just to see what would happen.

Thing is I always used the space mouse in SL without any problem at all.
Is it windows7? Is it Second Life? Is it the mouse?
I am trying to define the problem.

;o) Chantal.
Bryan

Second Life Support

Post by Bryan »

Dear chantalharvey,

As Fred suggested, it would best now for you to contact your Second Life Support as we have exhausted our solutions here. Your problem seems to reside in their software application. It may simply be a setting or a procedure specific to their application.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
chantalharvey

Re: Second Life Support

Post by chantalharvey »

As Fred suggested, it would best now for you to contact your Second Life Support as we have exhausted our solutions here. Your problem seems to reside in their software application. It may simply be a setting or a procedure specific to their application.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
Thanks, I will.
One question remains, SL didnt change, and i only updated my drivers recently to see if this solves my problem. But I will let you know if I can solve it, and thanks for your fast replies and help.

best wishes,

Chantal.
jwick

Post by jwick »

If you are seeing the same problem with the demos that we ship, that suggests the problem is not in SL. Please report back on Bryan's question of whether the demos show the same problem.
chantalharvey

Post by chantalharvey »

jwick wrote:If you are seeing the same problem with the demos that we ship, that suggests the problem is not in SL. Please report back on Bryan's question of whether the demos show the same problem.
Tried the cube, chicken and Jet demo.

Cube: pan left is fine, pan right moves the cube around, clockwise but then backwards.
Chicken: pan to the right makes chicken neck bend while head looks straight ahead, pan right makes the chicken look to the right but doesnt bend the neck at all.
Jet: pan to the left makes the jet move to the left nicely, pan to the right makes the jet swirl around and sideways.
chantalharvey

Post by chantalharvey »

chantalharvey wrote:
jwick wrote:If you are seeing the same problem with the demos that we ship, that suggests the problem is not in SL. Please report back on Bryan's question of whether the demos show the same problem.
I Tried the cube, chicken and Jet demo.

Cube: pan left is fine, pan right moves the cube around, clockwise but then backwards.
Chicken: pan to the right makes chicken neck bend while head looks straight ahead, pan right makes the chicken look to the right but doesnt bend the neck at all.
Jet: pan to the left makes the jet move to the left nicely, pan to the right makes the jet swirl around and sideways.
Is there anything i can do about this? I think it is clear that this is NOT caused by Second Life.

Best wishes,
Chantal.
jwick

Post by jwick »

And it seems that the hardware is not at fault if the device works on another machine. Seems to be something loaded into the O/S that is messing with the data coming from your USB ports.
KAZL

Drifting and twisting

Post by KAZL »

Hi,

I have the same problem. I´m using a Space Pilot for 3D navigation in SolidWorks. I have had the unit for several years and have had no problems like this. It started some weeks ago. After I finish zooming or rotating an object the object moves away and starts to rotate and move sideways. I have tested the Space Pilot on another computer and there it works fine. I have tested reinstalling, tested new driver, disconnecting etc but the problem remains. What can cause this problem?
Space Pilot User