Space Explorer and Solid Edge ST - major problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tony_si

Space Explorer and Solid Edge ST - major problem

Post by tony_si »

Our Solid Edge ST user (config below) began experiencing cursor redraw issues when sketching in Solid Edge, the cursor would not erase itself, so the drawing surface became covered with green cursor remnant. After usual troubleshooting steps, I discovered that killing the 3Dxsrv process cured the problem, as did disabling the Solid Edge add-in (obviously disabling the Space Explorer in the process). This was with 3.7.12 drivers.

I updated to the 3.8.1 software, this is even worse. With the Solid Edge add-in enabled, Solid Edge simply crashes, usually almost immediately. I had to use system restore to revert to the 3.7.12 drivers, as we don't seem to have a disc, and I can't find where to download old driver versions.

Any suggestions? Any beta drivers I can try? Anywhere I can get old driver versions, in case I can find one that works?

Solid Edge ST (Design & Drafting)
Windows Vista SP2 32Bit (all drivers and MS updates current)
Space Explorer USB
3DConnexion software V3.7.12
Bryan

3DxSoftware Release, 3.8.2, and SolidEdge ST

Post by Bryan »

Dear tony_si,

We have a new 3DxSoftware Release, 3.8.2. You may download it to your desktop from our Driver Download Page under the Support Menu. Install from your desktop choosing a 'Complete' installation and to 'have the drivers start automatically. See what results you have after re-booting.

Sincerely,
Bryan g.
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
tony_si

Post by tony_si »

Thank you Bryan, I'll try the new drivers today and see if they fix the problem.
jdg268

Post by jdg268 »

Brian,
I have been having similar problems with the newest driver of my space navigator for notebooks. I am running 3.8.2 and Solid Edge ST2. Is there a way to revert to older drivers??
Fred

Post by Fred »

jdg268:
Try the Latest Driver it was just released and there is a fix for SolidEdge included.
Driver 3.8.3