Spacepilot Pro and Maya 2009 x64 SP1a Problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ndustri

Spacepilot Pro and Maya 2009 x64 SP1a Problems

Post by ndustri »

I have been happily using my Spacepilot Pro with the latest 3.8.2 drivers and Maya 2009 x64 in Windows 7 but just today upgraded Maya with the SP1a service pack and now my left/right panning movements are way off balanced. Panning/translating left is much faster and less controlled than panning/translating right. I can barely move right at all even at full stick. It is also not smooth. The other movements "seem" to be ok. I have tried hitting the calibrate button but that doesn't make any difference. My controller is only a week old. Any ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the controller software and now I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Maya without the service pack and see what happens. It isn't usable in this state. Thanks,

Sean :?
ndustri

Reinstalled Maya 2009 x64 without SP1a

Post by ndustri »

I reinstalled Maya without SP1a and I have no change! Panning right feels clunky and not very responsive. Panning left doesn't seem to have the finesse it originally had and full stick moves faster than all the other movements.

I'll try on my installation at home this evening that hasn't been updated yet.

Sean
ndustri

One other thing...

Post by ndustri »

I have been transporting my controller in it's original packaging to avoid damaging it or the cap so there hasn't been any unnecessary force subjected to it.
ndustri

Post by ndustri »

Just got home and fired it up and it works perfectly on my home machine that has Maya 2009 x64 WITHOUT SP1a. I'm going to update Maya and see what happens on this machine.
ndustri

Post by ndustri »

Ok, it isn't the software. Updated Maya, works like a charm. I guess I have to start looking at what changed on the other machine. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!