3D Connexion's SpaceNavigator with After Effects

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Vatrik

3D Connexion's SpaceNavigator with After Effects

Post by Vatrik »

Hi!

I am interested in SpaceNavigator 3D, but want to know if it is compatible with Adobe After Effects CS4. SO that I can move and rotate objects in 3D space.

Thanks in advance for reply.
UtaSH

Re: 3D Connexion's SpaceNavigator with After Effects

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Vatrik,

you can see a list of all supported applications here. There are some Adobe products like Photoshop CS4, but After Effects CS4 is not listed.
MichaelGurevich

Post by MichaelGurevich »

Yes, After Effects is much wanted.

An idea popped up today about how awesome it would be to use the 3d mouse to move and animate the camera in 3d space on the timeline... It could make flythroughs amazing.

What is the delay with getting AE to work with 3DConnexion?

Thank you,
Mike
Fred

Post by Fred »

The delay is that they rely on their customers to contact them and let them know they want support added to allow the 3D devices to work in their application.
Let them know we have a SDK that they can use to implement support in their software.
urbangeek

gutted

Post by urbangeek »

i am so gutted, i just bought a navigator for notebook, primarily to use with after effects, only to find out its not supported =[ (im mac not windows btw)

is there any idea as to whether or not this will be supported any time soon, it seems like such an easy thing to sold, like a midi controller, isn't it a case of just aligning the incoming messages to the parameters of the camera control?

please please please make this work
it is such a shame that this is not supported
MichaelGurevich

Post by MichaelGurevich »

This might help:

viewtopic.php?t=336

Cheers,
Mike
Bryan

Share with the application developers, the value added.

Post by Bryan »

Dear urbangeek,

We very much share your opinion. Most applications that can use 3D mice have that support developed and maintained by the developers of those applications. Only a few have plug-ins developed by 3Dconnexion.

We suggest our customers to send requests directly to the application developers or to their marketing department, outlining the ways they could make marked improvements to their user interface using our devices and the value added you would find in their software product. We appreciate if you can post here, for the benefit of other After Effects users, what you learn from them.

Sincerely,
Bryan g.
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )