LCD working as it should - New Install

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

William Pomeroy

LCD working as it should - New Install

Post by William Pomeroy »

Hello,

Yesteday afternoon I recieved a SpacePilot Pro for a Trial. It was like christmas morning. I removed my old spacepilot 5000 and plugged in this bad boy.

I downloaded the latests drivers, installed them, and tested it in Solid works. The mouse functions and all the buttons work as they should.

The problem is with the LCD - it does nothing. It only showed a picture of a SpacePilot Pro (probably incase I forgot what it looked like). All the LCD control buttons did nothing. I could go into the 3Dconnection driver and click on the 'LCD Manager' button, but nothing would happen. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted and changed USB ports - no solution.

I started poking around the CD, and found and installed the LADP software. This changed the display to show a Logitech logo and I now get some reactions from the buttons. I can also open the LCD manager from the 3Dconnection drivers, but it has no functionalilty. It has a list of programs which can be used with it, but its blank and I can't add any.

This is extremely frustrating, I'm unable to get this thing to work and I'm usually very capable with computers. There is seemingly no way to fix this, I think the trial might get returned sooner than later.

Any suggestions?
UtaSH

Re: LCD working as it should - New Install

Post by UtaSH »

Hi William,

we need to check if the software installed everything needed to the right place. Would you please list what you find in C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager? Do you find a directory "Applets"? Please list it's content, too.
William Pomeroy

Post by William Pomeroy »

Hi Uta,

I looked in the directory to find no such 'applets' folder - thanks for the tip.

I then looked on the included CD and found the LCDappletsinstaller.msi, and installed it. This seems to have solved my problem!

Now my questions is - what did I do wrong? This install was uneccsarily complicated and required files only found on the CD. I doubt that its supposed to be this way?

Thanks for your help though!
UtaSH

Re: LCD working as it should - New Install

Post by UtaSH »

Hi William,

of course normally this should not happen. The only thing I could imagine is that you downloaded the wrong driver by mistake, the driver for the SpacePilot and not for the SpacePilot PRO. I am glad we could solve it. :)