Hardware problem - how do I get help?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Xlars

Hardware problem - how do I get help?

Post by Xlars »

Hi 3dconnexion forum,
With a risk of double posting here (I tried to post a note on this yesterday but it did not seem to come thrugh, if so I appologize).

Anyway.. my situation is that I have a SpacePilot (from 2006), which never really have been in use, had same problems back then, but thought it was just a matter of setting it up. I told 3dconnextion in a mail about this, and was advised to ask in the forum here .. which I never got around to until now (due to change in my workrole).

Now I am back and setting it up and installing the drivers I find that my SpacePilot does not work as expected - eg. I can only rotate one way and not the other etc. (I suspect som switches inside to be out of order). I use the latest drivers and work on a Windows XP 64 bit system and SpacePilot has same behaviour independent of software (3ds max, Google Earth etc.)

I do not have ordernumber, invoice etc. and wonder where I could/should send in my SpacePilot for a (payed) check and estimate on the cost to get it fixed. Or maybe I should just forget about it and go buy a new one?

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Best regards,

Lars Bjorstrup, Denmark
http://www.xlars.dk
Fred

Post by Fred »

Space pilot have a 3 year warranty depending on Date of purchase your device could still be under warranty.
contact the European support desk they can asssist you in trying a few steps or performing an RMA if need be.

Dutch:
+31 (0) 411-61 78 55
Last edited by Fred on Tue May 12, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xlars

Post by Xlars »

Fred wrote:Space pilot have a 3 year warranty depending on Date of purchase your device could still be under warranty.
cotnact the European support desk they can asssist you in try ing a few steps or performing an RMA if need be.

Dutch:
+31 (0) 411-61 78 55
Thank you.
Best regards,

Lars Bjorstrup, Denmark
Xlars

Post by Xlars »

Excellent support. Just the fact that you made me aware of the 3 year warrenty is fantastic.

Yes it was very close to 3 years since I purchased my SpacePilot. Not only did I get a very prompt and informative response on my complaint. An RMA has already been created and I have been offered a replacement of my SpacePilot under varranty, provided I sent proof of purchase and disposal of the current device :-)

I really like how you also care for the small graphics houses (like mine).

Thank you again
Best regards,

Lars Bjorstrup, Denmark
vincemlong

SPACE NAVIGATOR SE

Post by vincemlong »

Having just read this post I need help too. I purchased a SPACE NAVIGATOR SE in June 2008 from Amazon which I use with OPEN MIND's Hypermill. I was never able to get a smooth pan up/down motion using the vertical axis of the device but thought it was me not using it properley. Having just done an evaluation with the SPACE PILOT PRO I now realise that the NAVIGATOR is faulty. Can 3DConnexion reply with further instructions on how to remedy this faulty unit.
Many thanks.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Not sure where your located but this link will give you the Helpdesk number.
http://www.3dconnexion.com/support/tech_support.php
vincemlong

Faulty Unit.

Post by vincemlong »

What a great service!! Just received a replacement Space Navigator and the problems I had with the old one are gonr and it only took 8 days from posting the previous message to receiving this new one. Well done 3DConnexions. If only all after sales support was as efficient as yours. Once again many thanks.
Vince Long UK.