Cinema 4D support on Mac... ever?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

gotommy

Maxon says they do not work in the demo of R11

Post by gotommy »

Maxon says they do not work in the demo of R11 but will work in the full version. I've only tried it in the demo, so I can neither confirm nor deny that this is true.
janosch1234

Post by janosch1234 »

It works. without any problems.

Regards
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

janosch, how did you get yours to work?

I just got C4D 11 and Space Navigator but the device doesn't work, only in google earth.
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

nvrmind I got SpaceNavigator to work in C4D 11 Studio. Took some doing, and I didn't find the answer here unfortunately. Yes the documentation really stinks, with every supported app there needs to be clear documentation about how to use the 3DConnexion devices and how to set them up.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Cinema 4D requires you enable the 3D mouse before it will use it. You can do this in Cinema 4D using Window->3Dconnexion->3D mouse dialog
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

flomotan wrote:Cinema 4D requires you enable the 3D mouse before it will use it. You can do this in Cinema 4D using Window->3Dconnexion->3D mouse dialog
Yes indeed I was able to find this, it is in a weird place in Cinema 4D, you think it would/should be in Preferences but it's not, it's under "windows" in the menu bar in C4D 11. But I got it working beautifully, thanks! :D
janosch1234

Post by janosch1234 »

Hi DJackson,

this is because it was originally a plugin.
As the Cinema 4D GUI is very flexible, you can even dock it as a tab in the interface. (like the object-, structure-manager)
That way it ocupies no space of the interface. (spacemouse-dialog has to be open to work)

Regards
Jan
C4D R11 & Sketchup 7 Pro (mac)
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

janosch1234 wrote:Hi DJackson,

this is because it was originally a plugin.
As the Cinema 4D GUI is very flexible, you can even dock it as a tab in the interface. (like the object-, structure-manager)
That way it ocupies no space of the interface. (spacemouse-dialog has to be open to work)

Regards
Jan
Yes that's exactly what I did, I docked it and saved the layout :D
Honkponk

Re: Maxon says they do not work in the demo of R11

Post by Honkponk »

Does anyone have the same problem in Cinema that he doesn't get the Space Navigator working in plan views???

since version 9-11.

could anyone help, please!!!

Hannes
Hidiho everyone!
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

"since version 9-11."

Space Navigator only works from Cinema 4D 11 and newer.
And it works great.
Honkponk

Post by Honkponk »

In Cinemas 3 other parallel views the SpaceNavigator doesn't work properly. There is only a spinning of the view — no zoom, no navigation!
Can anybody assist??!
PLZZZZZZZZZZ
Hidiho everyone!
DJackson

Post by DJackson »

Honkponk wrote:In Cinemas 3 other parallel views the SpaceNavigator doesn't work properly. There is only a spinning of the view — no zoom, no navigation!
Can anybody assist??!
PLZZZZZZZZZZ
What version of Cinema 4D are you using?
deadalvs

Post by deadalvs »

hi .. i'm pretty new here ..

i use a space pilot on pc for quite some time now, but for my mac i use my new little friend, the space navigator .. :)

a question. in cinema 4d R11 .. is there any possible way to lock banking in OBJECT space and not in world space ?

it's pretty annoying to rotate around the object when i need the camera to be looking straight ahead (not tilted) WITH up and down rotation, but there's always some banking going on depending down on from which world axis i look at the model .. how can this be locked properly ?
deadalvs

Post by deadalvs »

or how can i assign an expression to lock the banking only ?
Fakepilot

Buttons

Post by Fakepilot »

I got 3D Connexion for Notebooks working in Cinema 4D, but the side buttons doesn't work. Have it assigned for the Shift and Option keys, doesn't seem to work for any function. Not even 3D Connexion Preference Pane.

Anyone got a solution? Ideas?