Current list of applications supported on Mac OS X

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ettore

Post by ettore »

ettore pasquini
software engineer
3Dconnexion, inc.
Casemon

Post by Casemon »

Daz Studio (for mac)
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/?&_m=d

Like Poser, but freely available.
mranger

Maya

Post by mranger »

Thinking about purchasing for use with Maya on a Mac? I don't think so. Check out this - viewtopic.php?t=1627 - before you do.
jayse

Post by jayse »

The disappointment in your development team grows with every new thread.

Now I'm starting to wonder who you're lead is? If this were my company they'd be fired and replaced with someone who can get the job done.
pintom

Support for NX6 on Mac OSX 10.5.6

Post by pintom »

Does anyone know if there is any support for NX6 on Mac OSX 10.5.6? I've downloaded the latest Mac OSX drivers from the web site and the Space Explorer is not working with NX6. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
3dconnexion Hardware: SpaceMouse Pro USB, CADMouse
Computer: HP ZBook Studio G3
pintom

Re: Support for NX6 on Mac OSX 10.5.6

Post by pintom »

pintom wrote:Does anyone know if there is any support for NX6 on Mac OSX 10.5.6? I've downloaded the latest Mac OSX drivers from the web site and the Space Explorer is not working with NX6. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ok I am going to answer my own question, as I found the information from another source.

If you go to the link below you'll find a download that will enable the use of the Space Explorer to work with NX6 on the Mac.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/labs/profile.php?id=29
[/url]
3dconnexion Hardware: SpaceMouse Pro USB, CADMouse
Computer: HP ZBook Studio G3
colleenex

Post by colleenex »

Is there a practical way to know which fonts a certain Mac OS X application installs? I've created a logo layout using the font ITC Luna in an old Mac.
Now I have to edit that logo in a new Mac, but the font is missing. As I did not install that font individually, I guess the font was installed by one of the many applications I had in the old Mac. I just don't know which one!
ematt

maya 2010 when will it be supported?

Post by ematt »

I recently upgraded from Maya 2009 to 2010. I tried to install the 3DxMaya.bundle in the Maya PlugIns and got an error: out of date compile. When will the plugin be rewritten so I can use my SE?
larissac

Uh-oh.

Post by larissac »

I can't believe I just purchased this Win-centric ********** :!: :!: :!:

The 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator hardly works with ANYTHING on the Mac! :evil: :!: :evil: :!:

I had no idea this company was such a Microsoft kowtow. Hopefully Mac users might come across this before wasting their money on this garbage. :!: :!: :!:

Interestingly enough I got a bad, bad feeling in the pit of my stomach just as soon as I saw the graphics under the 3Dconnexion's Mac OS X preference pane. They were those super-chintzy Windows-esque/Sun Java-esque horrible quality graphics you'd expect from Windows '95. That's almost ALWAYS a sign that the Mac was a total afterthought for the company producing the telltale signs of crap-quality.

How any real artist puts up with using tools on such an uninspiring, substandard ********** like Windows is beyond me. My best guess is that it's because of the Architects and Autodesk. Architects because they're often either overly logical, utilitarians with scant amounts of creativity or they simply caved at some point and started sucking from the teet of what they call pragmatism in an attempt to alleviate the fear of seeking originality. How do I know? My father was an Architect, and he and almost every associate or whatever else Architect of his I met had each pulled their very own personal con-jobs on none other than themselves. Sure they had cute little hobbies allowing them to "safely" practice their passions, but Architecture, mostly boring utilitarianism, sapped them of their core creative energies. It all reeked of what some call "YuNuDef" or the "Yuppie Nuremberg Defense."

As for reasons as to why Autodesk (and companies like this one) are so quick to kneel down and service the Windows user-base on an almost exclusive basis is rather simple: they're **********. Plain and simple. The don't care about quality at all, they simply want to move the largest amounts of garbage they can out the door which will maximize the bottom line. There is no balance. Love for their work, their craft, their products is a completely foreign concept to them. They never understood that the journey itself is the beauty. Always considered with the end and again, the bottom, the bottom line. And it shows.

Into the storage closet you go you ********** :evil:

---
Edit (moderator): removed insults and foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
trilobyte

Post by trilobyte »

No offense, guys, but you could stand to watch and update your boards a little more regularly. The URL for the list of compatible products is wrong. I'll assume it hasn't been updated after a re-design, now it's an unfortunate Flash site and the specific list of Mac compatible products isn't directly linkable. Ugh.

I found the list by going here
http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-so ... ware0.html

And then changing the OS to Mac OS and hitting the update button.

Even that list looks outdated. Adobe's Creative Suite 5 update shipped in April, and nearly two months later there's no mention of whether it works. My expectation would be that a company whose business was to make, sell, and promote the use of these devices might be a little more on top of the major releases of the big titles. Maya 2011 has been out for a couple months asa well, I'm sure there are several other applications.
trilobyte

Post by trilobyte »

Oops, also meant to add that Second Life version 1.20.15 is listed as most recently tested/verified - that was released 2 years ago!

I can safely say that the Space Navigator works with Second Life 1.x and 2.x (2.0.1.203797 is the latest official release version). I've also tested it successfully with the Second Life Viewer 2.1 Alpha.

Additionally, the Space Navigator works with the Snowglobe Viewer, both the 1.x and 2.x versions. The most recent build I've tested it with is 2.0.2.3349. More info (and download) for the Second Life Snowglobe Viewer can be found at:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowglobe

Finally, the Space Navigator works with the Kirsten's Viewer. I've tested and can confirm that it works with the S20 Viewer, most recently tested version is Kirsten's S20 (build 24). More info (and download) can be found at:

http://www.kirstensviewer.com/
Thomas_Anderson

Post by Thomas_Anderson »

Does anyone know, what about Cinema 4D R13 for Mac?

On the website, only R11 and R12 are listed as supported for Mac.
What about the new R13?
Thomas_Anderson

Post by Thomas_Anderson »

Does anyone know, what about Cinema 4D R13 for Mac?

On the website, only R11 and R12 are listed as supported for Mac.
What about the new R13?
Barbara

Cinema 4D R13

Post by Barbara »

Hi Thomas -

Cinema 4D R13 does support 3Dconnexion devices. Cinema 4D has support for 3D navigation inside the application so it does not depend on a plug-in or add-in.

Our Supported Software list will be updated once R13 has been certified by our engineers.

------------------
Barbara
bdtbl123

Post by bdtbl123 »

What about incoming OS X Mountain Lion..? is it compatible..?
its seem all MacBook will upgrade their OS

Thanks