Space Navigator stopped working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Morbeous

Space Navigator stopped working

Post by Morbeous »

Hi:

I have Space Navigator for less than a year and it was working just fine. I was using it on a daily basis but for the past couple of months I hadn't used it. However, the device was "active" throughout this time when the machine was on - the blue light was glowing. Then I bring up Poser and the thing went dead. The blue light went out and its a lump of dead metal. I have rebooted many times, reinstalled the driver several times, downloaded the latest driver, etc. etc. I am at my wits end. Can Someone lend some assistance?

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on an Intel Mac Mini. This is the first time I am using it since I upgraded from 10.5.6.

Thanks.
Bryan

Replugging Holding Down Both Buttons

Post by Bryan »

Dear Morbeous,

Try upplugging your SpaceNavigator and then while holding down both buttons re-plug directly into your computer. Then access the box demo and see if this gets it working again.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Morbeous

Post by Morbeous »

Thanks for the reply. It miraculously came to life but I am not quite sure why. I tried to get it working on a notebook with XP but to no avail. Could not even get a "new hardware detected" message. I gave up or awhile and then right before I was going to turn in, I reconnected it to my Mac and it "turned on". I ended up staying up for several hours finally getting something done (device really speeds things along).

I was wondering if there was some "sleep" mode the device can enter. I have experienced such occurrences with USB hard drives.
petert

Re: Replugging Holding Down Both Buttons

Post by petert »

Bryan wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm Dear Morbeous,

Try upplugging your SpaceNavigator and then while holding down both buttons re-plug directly into your computer. Then access the box demo and see if this gets it working again.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Brian,

You are the man!!!!!
Ben trying all morning to get my Space navigator to work again, nothing worked.
Your tip did though, thank you very much!