3ds Max 2010

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Patch

Post by Patch »

If you think there are lots of Max users waiting for the drivers, just imagine how many of us AutoCAD users are waiting for the drivers! I'm having to work in 2008 (we skipped 2009) just to get work done, when AutoCAD 2010 has MUCH improved 3D modeling tools. And I can't use them! : (

Bad Logitech! Wicked, bad, MEAN Logitech!
(to paraphrase a cool movie)
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Can we have beta versions of the drivers if it's going to take much longer please?

Another week has gone by now.
Any news?
jwick

Post by jwick »

? The Wizard of Oz ?
Patch

Post by Patch »

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Bad Zoot! Bad, wicked, evil Zoot!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Ah, yes. The temptation of the-possibly-not-so-gallant Sir Galahad.
Phosphorous

Post by Phosphorous »

Anyone have a whip? My Space Pilot is starting to gather dust here as we continue to wait :evil:

Pls step up the pace 3D connexion people! And I was thinking of buying the Pilot Pro, good thing I didn't or I'd be really mad by now.

I've become so dependent on my controller that I can't work without it.

Common now, chop chop!!! :wink:
RobH

Post by RobH »

If a lot of people are like me they read forums before buying expensive software and accessories because like me, they've gotten burned by stuff you can't return because it didn't perform properly or as advertised.

I'd guess a number of perspective customers are seeing our frustration and sales are being affected. Does that help us...no? Does it give us a slight feeling of justice...maybe....?

Come on devleopment team, at least speak to us...
3ds Max 2025, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Another day passes with no word.

For the last few years, I've raved on about how good these devices are on forums, and to my peers. I will mention the awful delays in the driver releases from now on when I mention this, to cover myself from looking like an idiot!

Come on guys. Throw us a bone. People are noticing how slack you are being on every forum I visit. it's not looking good for prospective customers who read all the complaining.

Just pass us a 'beta' and we will shut up!

(seriously though, I do appreciate that things aren't always that easy, and don't always work out as soon as you initially anticipated)

On a different note....

Can I start asking about Windows 7 drivers now? Release Candidate 1 is available now for download. Free for use until next year. I don't want to hear excuses for months and months after Windows 7 is out!
Dee Stringer

Post by Dee Stringer »

I could be wrong about this guys, fellow current 3d device users, but I think our drivers are being held up so they can be sure that the new drivers work with their new "Precious" the Pilot Pro. I'm sure they want to steer new inquiries to the new product but can't if they don't have drivers ready for the latest versions of Software out there.
Once this morning the Pilot Pro was listed in the driver download list but now it's gone. Bet it will be back when our old Pilot drivers become avaliable.
sorin

Post by sorin »

zzubnik wrote:
On a different note....

Can I start asking about Windows 7 drivers now? Release Candidate 1 is available now for download. Free for use until next year. I don't want to hear excuses for months and months after Windows 7 is out!
the device is a standard HID controller. windows doesn't need a driver to receive input.

i'm curious why no one writes an alternative 3dsmax plugin. you have 3ds' sdk, the free connexion's sdk or you can not use connexion's sdk at all if you're good at controllers. it's all there at no cost.
malojo

Post by malojo »

Hi,
maybe time is an important issue. I'd like to do but when clients are waiting you better stick on them.

Regards, Matthias
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

rstadie wrote:Max 2010 will be supported soon. Once we have the software ready, it will be made available for download on our web site.
So, a month later and it's still not available. There will be a new version of MAX out in 11 months or less. These delays are unacceptable for us.

You treat your customers with contempt.
CSchumann

Post by CSchumann »

Unbelievable :(
chris08

driver link deleted...

Post by chris08 »

I downloaded the driver v3-7-12 at 9:42 am, now the post with the link has been deleted...it works perfect with trial of max 2010...
chris08

Post by chris08 »

....european time...9:42h