whole Adobe suite programs

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think adding more and more support for Adobe products would be useful to you!?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Yes. I work A LOT with Adobe products.
56%
Yes. I use at least one Adobe product every day.
6%
Maybe. Sometimes I use them.
6%
Not necessary. I use them only rarely.
No votes
No. 3dconnexion must concentrate on more useful applications.
31%

Total votes: 16

Gordon Thrompit

Post by Gordon Thrompit »

I seriously think that the option in this poll,
"No. 3dconnexion must concentrate on more useful applications,"
should be deleted.

It's totally unfair IMO, because I have the notion that most people who bought the SN, and use these forums, are users of CAD and other similar supported products, and many of us photo/audio/video editors users are being left in the dust.

I've shown my SN to almost a dozen of my friends, and many asked how it worked in Illustrator or Flash... to my reply of, "well... it doesn't".

...they immediately turn down the notion of buying one until support comes.

They're certainly not going to come here and join this forum to express their opinion if they don't own one yet.

I also have a few friends who edit video professionally and they'd love to use it as a jog dial/timeline skip/etc... if it were compatible.

I'd like to do the same thing in Adobe Audition, which I use on a daily basis. Plus I have friends who'd love to use it in Pro Tools.

Personally, I don't even use any 3D programs (haven't touched any CAD software since early high school, and that was in DOS... if that shows my age), I just happened to have had extra cash when I spent less on my tablet than I originally intended, so I bought one on a whim after seeing the Photoshop demonstration videos on Amazon.com.
I fell in love with the SN, but after seeing the lack of CS3 love on this forum, I had to join immediately.

Logitech/3dConnexion, you're sitting on a goldmine here.
I love a ton of your other products and I make all my friends buy your wireless keyboards/mice because of their bang for the buck. I have a dozen friends who'd buy one if you'd add support, and I can't even imagine how many of these things I could have helped sell if I were still in college (well, that is, if other Adobe products were supported).
Gordon Thrompit

Post by Gordon Thrompit »

Sorry, I forgot to make mention that all of us here that DO want this support should write to Adobe.

This is the link to Adobe's "Feature Request" for all of their products. Please take a minute to fill it out asking for support of the 3DConnexion Space Navigator in all of their products.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/ind ... e=wishform
justgeo

Post by justgeo »

I may not use the Adobe packages much but it would be helpfull to use my Pilot with them.
scott8933

Post by scott8933 »

Just to bump this thread - I actually bought a Space Explorer -assuming- it had some sort of support, if not built in then user-definable like the Contour ******-Pro controller (nice, but kind of cheap feel).

What a surprise to find out that none of the above was possible!

Hopefully 3DConnexion and Adobe can get together soon; AE and Premiere would be great - even Illustrator would be really useful.

I fully expected my favorite 3d app, Electric Image, not to be supported - but the CS package? Come on!
scott8933

Post by scott8933 »

Or, excluding that - at least some kind of rudimentary general os support so the users could make their own macros. Maybe a generic keyboard emulator or something...
JeronCoolman

Post by JeronCoolman »

I agree with you Scott.

I bought my SpacePilot to replace my Contour ******-Pro after I spilled a Cafe Mocha on it.

I made the mistake (like many others) of thinking that I'd be able to configure the SpacePilot to send keystrokes and mouse clicks to Application X using just like every other USB input device I've ever bought (and I've bought A LOT).

My gaming devices like the Nostromo work better than the SpacePilot when it comes to applications that are not on the "small list of supported applications".

What really bums me out is, I've found a GREAT USB controller for NLEs and DAWs with a ******/jog wheel on it from JLCooper, but I wasted my "controller" money on this SpacePilot, that just sits in the drawer, useless :(

In fact, navigating the 3D Space of After Effects and manipulating objects and the cameras in AE would be AWESOME with the SpacePilot.

I hope Adobe will one day soon get the sense to to spend Adobe's money to pay Adobe's programmers to write code in Adobe's products, for the sole reason of providing support for 3DConnexion's products in Adobe's products so that 3DConnexion can sell more of 3DConnexion's products.

The SpacePilot's cap/knob would be great for navigating the timeline of a DAW or NLE, even if it was just a "dumb" one-way sending of a keystroke from the SpacePilot's driver to the NLE or DAW whenever the user pushes down on the knob.

It is a shame that the 3DConnexion's hardware and software is too sophisticated to "trick" application X into thinking it is just a "keyboard" and support such a "low level" act like sending a keystroke to application X when then user pushes down on the knob :(
loresfx

Post by loresfx »

Support for After effects 3D camera would be incredibly amazing. I've used after effects for 5 years and boy, after effects DONT make camera animation easy! It would be a huge asset to have control over the camera using 3dconnexion. This would make an impact.
curious1

Bump!

Post by curious1 »

A 3 year old thread, and still no sign of action in implementing AE support for the 3dconnexion. Is there any suggestion that 3dConnexion are even working on this?
I add my name to the list requesting this development!
bobloadmire

Post by bobloadmire »

another vote for CS5 suite support. Im waiting to buy until this happens, or i can atleast make custom key maps.
aname351

Post by aname351 »

Getting back into premiere lately and totally see the navigator as jog ****** in the timeline. Plus one from me for that vote. :)

The tilting function would need to be disabled, capturing just rotation for jog ******. It would then work well without tilting affecting the transport.

Can we at least make general windows macros from pairing up 'rotate left' with 'J' on the keyboard? Is this really not possible? Sure, you don't end up with variable control, but on-off J and L would still be useful. Pushing down would be mapped to pause/play. Where's the mapping software? Anyone hacked even a beta together?

:shock:
mattolejack

3Dconnexion-any progress?

Post by mattolejack »

So, almost 4 years since this thread was started. Has there been any movement at all on getting Premiere and AE supported?
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

Again a few years further.
I use InDesign a lot and can't stop pulling/turning/clicking on my spaceexplorer. :oops:

Please oh please add full support for the adobe CS family.

I am shure this could be the door to expand the potential of this great device.
corycarter

Re: whole Adobe suite programs

Post by corycarter »

Where is 3dConnexion's reply on this topic?
dethedev0

Post by dethedev0 »

I agree with you Diego. I also use InDesign and it would be very useful to me if I could use Navigator to zoom and pan in large documents.

thanks for sharing.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear dethedev0 ,

We'd love to have Adobe support our device.

If you know of, or can imagine ways, to make use of our input devices, that would be beneficial in Adobe Products, we encourage you to let Adobe's developers or their marketing department know of this added value. Encourage them to make the changes to their user inteface that you would find valuable. Encourage them to make these changes in their next developement cycle

We provide a free SDK, Software Development Kit, for developers to make it as easy as possible for them to include use of our input devices in their user interfaces. We welcome and encourage application developers to take advantage of the input from our devices to enhance their user interfaces.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )