3dconnexion spaceball 5000 driver locks up

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sweldon

3dconnexion spaceball 5000 driver locks up

Post by sweldon »

I am having a strange problem with my Spaceball 5000. While I am working in Unigrapgics if I walk away from my system for a while and then come back once I try to use my spaceball it beeps at me once and then it will not work. So what I have to do every time this happens is quit out of Unigraphis stop the Spaceball driver then restart it, then open a new UG package. I have tried to uninstall the spaceball driver and reload but no luck. Any Suggestions??????
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi sweldon,

If you have a SB5000 with a serial connector (RS-232), it may happen that your computer does not supply enough power from the port.

Unfortunately, 3Dconnexion no longer supplies power adaptors for serial devices.
Nuno Gomes
sweldon

Post by sweldon »

I could try the other Serial port on the computer. That would be odd though, as this has worked fine on this system for a few years until about a few weeks ago. I was thinking it is more related to the software, or profile. I have re-installed the software, tried the updates to no avail. I think what I am going to try next is using the other Serial port and if that still dosen't fix the problem then I am going to try a diffrent config profile.