Adding more functions

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mono

Adding more functions

Post by Mono »

Hi I just got a brand new SpaceNavigator Loving it in Google Earth.

The SpaceNavigator has two buttons, L and R. These will currently only give me two functions. I like using a Tab-function on the L button and Enter-function on the R. This is great for web browsing. But what I'd want is a much more ideal combination: Tab on L, Shift-Tab on R, and Enter when pressing both buttons.

I suggest you make the "Button Configuration" in 3Dconnexion Control Panel more complex. Three functions with two buttons. You could also make combinations with the "Joy-Stick" and the two buttons. That would be 12(Induvidal axes for the Joystick) times 4 (buttons combinations(L, R, LR and no buttons)which is 48 possible different functions, pluss the three button combinations. I'd love to use the SpaceNavigator as a compensation for the mouse and keyboard.

Best regards.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Mono,
If a keyboard has 104 keys. There would be 104*103 = 10,712 2-key combinations. For 3-key combinations, 1,092,624. Carried to an extreme, 1.0299E+166.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
Ruud Boer

Post by Ruud Boer »

Mono, you could try RBC9 driver which can be found in one of the forum threads and you'll have all the functionality you could ever wish for. I use RBC9 driver myself and everything is now confugurable to the extreme and more ...
evnaftilos

Adobe CS3-CS4 Support

Post by evnaftilos »

I'm working on Adobe's CS3-CS4 suites for post production and i need the support of the Space Navigation withnin the Premiere and After Effecsts.
Especially in Premiere the Space Navigator can work excellent as Premiere's virtual JOG WHEEL. So, user can easy make montage over the clips and refine transistions. Please any support on that???

Thanks..... Please reply to forum and evnaftilos@freemail.gr