Incredibly disappointed.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

joelcarlton

Post by joelcarlton »

Im about to go return mine now. A complete waist of money as well as my time. (shipping costs and returning product)
jasonh1234

Re: Programmability?

Post by jasonh1234 »

moderator wrote: don't post ads (see BOARD RULES).
That's weak.

Reference: To refer to; "he referenced his colleagues' work"
Ad: A commercial solicitation designed to sell some commodity, service or similar.
bishop666

Moderator edits

Post by bishop666 »

Dear Mr. Moderator:

The mention of a named product in my last post was made with the specific intent to provide a verifiable example of a product that works, without flaw, in the Macintosh environment. I have no affiliation with that company and am not in the retail business and, in fact, am a production company owner.
If you feel that the mention of a product, other than you own, represents an affront or violates the tenets of the forum in any way, then it would seem appropriate to prohibit mention and or discussion of other products, such as, Macintosh computers, any of the various Windows based computers as well as the numerous other devices discussed on this forum by other posters.

In the end, I posit that the editing was in fact a discriminatory act, nay, a shameful display of anger, aimed specifically at this poster as a result of his vehement verbiage and criticism of your product line as it relates to the Mac. Free speech is still applauded by most societies.
jayse

Post by jayse »

don't post ads - lulz

i think they know that just about anything ELSE you buy will more than 90% of the time work better than their Space Junk... so don't mention any of their names! You'll take away from business!

(as if every post on here hasn't already done that - at least i hope it has)
bishop666

Bleeped product

Post by bishop666 »

Hello Jayce:

To be accurate, the product that I mentioned in my post and that was deleted by the moderator, is not a competitor of theirs in any sense. It is simply a jog wheel with 15 or so programmable buttons that work in just about any Mac software scenario.

The sad truth is that the 3D products do indeed have great potential ... just not for Macs!
jayse

Post by jayse »

Yeah they definitely view that one as a competitor.... cos it works. I'm sure you're talking about the ****** wheel that's made for a PRO that's made by a company that has decent driver support.
bishop666

Bleep

Post by bishop666 »

Give that man a cigar!
scott8933

Post by scott8933 »

Exactly my point in another post: if the ****** Pro can be made to work on an os-wide level, and our product costs - what triple that amount? has a company that just cures the problem by telling us users to whine to the developer.

Very robust filtering there. That would be:

and

PRO

This kind of nonsense: the lack of support and the censoring of competitor's products in the name of "No Advertising" is NOT my idea of product support. The Contour SP doesn't need to advertise itself in the face of the lack of the SpaceExplorer's complete lack of ability for all but a few high-end CAD programs. It's cheap and pretty lousy for a jog wheel in something like AfterEffects or Premiere, but IT WORKS in AfterEffects and Premiere..

As was said in yet another post - we can complain all we want to Adobe, but that's just pissing in the wind. A couple users compared to the weight of Logitech leaning on them? Who do you think they're going to listen to?

I write this on a Logitech G15 keyboard with the VX Nano mouse - best mouse and kbd I've ever used (I have, literally, about 20 mice and at least 6 keyboards in a box).

Your products are great, but there are no excuses for these excuses.

There is -nothing- at the price point and quality of the Explorer products. Like another user said, you are sitting on a goldmine. How many installed seats of AE, Premiere, FCP, Avid Composer, Illustrator, etc are there compared to Pro-E?
Evopro

Mac OS X is the future

Post by Evopro »

Create an application that can customize all functions of your hardware to any software on the Mac. Kensington has a functional drivel fro their Expert Mouse.

If you guys don't allocate someone to do this, I offer to do it myself! How hard can it be? You seem incredibly lazy and arrogant towards the most intelligent computer users, the Mac crowd.

Contact me for a break down of costs and a timeline for this.