No icons with Cadmouse in Rhino 8

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tweak2729

No icons with Cadmouse in Rhino 8

Post by Tweak2729 »

Hello,

I am using a wired Cadmouse compact in Rhino. At work we have floating licenses for Rhino6, Rhino7 and Rhino8. I was mostly using Rhino6 because I do the CAM and our RhinoCAM version was for Rhino6. I had noticed that there were some bugs where the radial menu didn't work correctly when switching between versions and would break, but it mostly worked ok in Rhino6 and Rhino7. But not we are upgrading RhinoCAM and moving entirely to Rhino8 and the radial menus do not show any icons.

I have a new computer set up with only Rhino8 installed. When I go to create radial menus, the icons are not present, only text. when I use the radial menus, the case is the same. It is severely disrupting my workflow. Does anyone out there have Rhino8 working properly with their Cadmouse, or is this an endemic issue across everyone?
Screenshot 2024-03-28 155807.png
Screenshot 2024-03-28 155807.png (31.96 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Screenshot 2024-03-28 154812.png
Screenshot 2024-03-28 154812.png (15.57 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
menu.png
menu.png (37.67 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
search terms: Rhino8 Rhino3d Rhino 8 Rhinoceros 3d rhinoceros3d 8 no icons
skmiec

Re: No icons with Cadmouse in Rhino 8

Post by skmiec »

Hi Tweak2729

Thank you for your post.
Unfortunately for Rhino 8 we don't display icons in our driver. It's highlighted on our page https://3dconnexion.com/pl/applications/rhinoceros/
We are aware of this inconvenience and we try to address it.
Tweak2729

Post by Tweak2729 »

Hello skmiec,

Are you in contact with the support team about this issue, because they have been troubleshooting the issue with me since last week. They also explicitly insist that they have Rhino 8, have tested it and that the icons work. I also have had someone reply in the Rhino forums that they have the radial menus working with Rhino 8, but I can't personally verify that.

In your link https://3dconnexion.com/pl/applications/rhinoceros/
I don't see where it says that icons don't work in Rhino 8.

Anything I can do, sharing logs, whatever, I would really like to help get this issue resolved. I would also like to get the support team and the developer team on the same page as to whether this is a sporadic or universal issue in Rhino 8.
Tweak2729

Post by Tweak2729 »

I heard back from someone in the Rhino forum that has icons working in Rhino8. He however is not able to make new ones or change them, but it was working at some point and radial menus he created a few months ago contain icons. Here are photos of his icons, and one where he isn't able to get an icon (Append to mesh). It previously had an icon. In any case, there is an issue that should be looked into.
Attachments
rhino8 menu.png
rhino8 menu.png (89.95 KiB) Viewed 264 times
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (29.19 KiB) Viewed 264 times