Windows 11 ARM driver

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Ciacho00oo

Re: Windows 11 ARM driver

Post by Ciacho00oo »

I'm a user of Autodesk Inventor 2023 on a Macbook Air M2 via Parallels. Inventor works better and faster than on my old Legion Y740 with i7 and RTX2060 and I'm very grateful that I finally can use only one laptop whatever I'm doing.

I'm using SpaceMouse Wireless and my only issue is that I can't set the speed of the mouse and reassign a button. I'm changing speed but it doesn't make any changes in my software.

Please 3dconnexion team.. give us something.. even some tips on how to manually change speed.
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

Ciacho00oo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:57 pm I'm a user of Autodesk Inventor 2023 on a Macbook Air M2 via Parallels. Inventor works better and faster than on my old Legion Y740 with i7 and RTX2060 and I'm very grateful that I finally can use only one laptop whatever I'm doing.

I'm using SpaceMouse Wireless and my only issue is that I can't set the speed of the mouse and reassign a button. I'm changing speed but it doesn't make any changes in my software.

Please 3dconnexion team.. give us something.. even some tips on how to manually change speed.
Hello Ciacho00oo,

are you only seeing this issue in Inventor, or do you see it in other applications?
Can you open The Viewer and see if the issue is there as well?
EricY

Post by EricY »

Sounds like this is again due to the missing filter driver 3dxhid.sys, and KMJ Emulator on Win11 ARM platform, so all customizable settings are ignored. 3DConnexion developers, please consider compiling Windows ARM versions of these to help us Parallels users on Apple Silicon, please...
wfflz

Post by wfflz »

MDW wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:59 am I also have the v10-8-14 driver installed on a M3 MacBook Pro with Parallels/Windows 11 ARM. I intended to use a recently purchased SpaceMouse Enterprise with SketchUp. For reference, I am using extensions only available for the Windows version of Sketchup. The device's primary functions are working correctly, i.e., puck. The programmable buttons (1 through 12) will accept native SketchUp commands; however, I cannot assign a macro/keystroke to them. The primary keys on the SpaceMouse Enterprise are not functioning: ESC, Enter, Tab, Shift, CTRL, Alt, Space & Delete. Except for the delete button, all buttons on the right side of the device are functioning. I've contacted technical services from 3Dconnexion, Trimble/SketchUp, and Parallels, none of which could resolve the issue.

I see value in using this device and hope this forum can provide a solution.

Computer: 16" Apple Mackbook Pro M3 MAX, 48GB
macOS: Sonoma 14.4
Parallels VM: v19.3.0
SketchUp Pro: v23.1.340 64-bit
3DConnexion Driver: 3DxWare64_v10-8-14_r3575
Windows OS: Windows Pro 11 Build 23H2
Are you able to invert puck directions? Puck works fine on macOS end but in Parallels in Windows for me I'm unable to invert any of the axes in 3Dconnexion settings. Trying to use this with NX.

MacBook Pro 14" M2 Pro, macOS Sonoma 14.4
vrendtop

Post by vrendtop »

I'm trying to run Solidworks 3DExperience on an M2 Pro Max like some of you above and the add-in is just not launching.
wideepee

Post by wideepee »

Windows 11 adds the ability to run unmodified x64 Windows apps on Arm devices!