not working with cinema 4d, again...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ascanio1972

not working with cinema 4d, again...

Post by ascanio1972 »

Is it ever possible that every time Maxon releases a new version, the 3D Connexion plugins do not work? It is not tolerable, it is not a game, people are working and losing productivity for no apparent reason. Is it so difficult to cooperate with partner companies to ensure that the transition from one version to another is smoother and faster? But seriously, aren't you ashamed to always be found unprepared and even to advise not to switch to the updated version? Should we give up new features of the software, improvements in speed, stability, and whatever else because you take your time to update your drivers? You are simply shameful, you are not even able to give a certain date for the update, I am really considering abandoning you.
ngomes

Re: not working with cinema 4d, again...

Post by ngomes »

Support for Maxon Cinema 4D 2024 was included in v. 10.8.2 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS, released on Sep 27.

Regrettably, we are not always able to avoid the gap between an application being released by a vendor and a 3DxWare 10 version with the updated add-in.
Nuno Gomes
brutesque

Post by brutesque »

Unfortunately, it's not just about the gap between new versions. The implementation is actually extremely buggy. As soon as a scene has a few polygon, the 3d mouse movements will increase their execution delay. And it is not an issue with heavy scenes, because the normal navigation does not have these navigational delay issues. As far as i'm concerned, after having used the 3d mouse for approx 8 years.. i'm done. The implementation is broken and i do not care for waiting anymore. I do not see support acknowledgeing that these issues exist, so i believe that the story of 3dconnexion and cinema4d is simply done. It's funny how the blender implementation does not show these issues. Did 3dconnexion create the blender implementation or did the open-source community?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

brutesque wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:04 am As soon as a scene has a few polygon, the 3d mouse movements will increase their execution delay.
The delay with large scenes may be due to a bug that is fixed in v. 10.8.4 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS.

Version 10.8.4 is currently under test but, if you wish to check a pre-release build, you can join the "Insiders" programme. For more details on the programme, see this FAQ article.
Thedoc

Post by Thedoc »

ngomes wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:01 am
brutesque wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:04 am As soon as a scene has a few polygon, the 3d mouse movements will increase their execution delay.
The delay with large scenes may be due to a bug that is fixed in v. 10.8.4 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS.

Version 10.8.4 is currently under test but, if you wish to check a pre-release build, you can join the "Insiders" programme. For more details on the programme, see this FAQ article.
How I can join?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Thedoc wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 am How I can join?
Please refer to the FAQ article linked in my previous post.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.8.4 was published earlier today. It is available for download from here.
brutesque

Post by brutesque »

My issue has been fixed in 3DxWareMac_v10-8-4_r3716.dmg
Fix: [MAC-433] Buffering issue when navigating with the 3D mouse