Unreal Engine 5.3 Support for 3DConnexion

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

huntshaded

Re: Unreal Engine 5.3 Support for 3DConnexion

Post by huntshaded »

Version 5.3 has been released, everyone
Tiagobmd

Post by Tiagobmd »

Hello, ngomes,
It's still not working for me. I've just downloaded the 10.8.17 version, and it's not working on my UNREAL 5.3. I'll keep working on UE 5.1.
heinzler

Post by heinzler »

The plugin isn't working for me. It controls 1 zoom axis, not 3D. It fails to perform on any version of UE5. Works great in UE4 though.

I appreciate all the efforts of the development team to attempt to stay updated and functional with Unreal, but I'm sorry to say that it's been disappointing and unreliable lately.
feno

Post by feno »

Hi, I'm working with Unreal 5.3.2 and I can't find the plugin or make it work, the side bottoms work but the spacemouse is not moving at all, is a space mouse wireless, many thanks
Tiagobmd

Post by Tiagobmd »

Any news on Spacemouse working on UE 5.3?
I really want to start using UE 5.3 on my VR projects, but for me, working on any 3D Software without spacemouse is impossible.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Tiagobmd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 pm Any news on Spacemouse working on UE 5.3?
See here.
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Im' on 10.8.17, camera cannot move, as everyone here I can confirm it does not work in UE 5.3...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

animaliok wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm Im' on 10.8.17, camera cannot move, as everyone here I can confirm it does not work in UE 5.3...
Latest is v. 10.8.20. I suggest you upgrade the drivers to the latest version and, if the problem persists, refer to this FAQ article.

If it still does not work for you, contact 3Dconnexion technical support.
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Thanks ! 10.8.20 does work in Unreal 5.3 !
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Only issue is that 10.8.20 introduces a bug in blender ! Where the lock button triggers the space bar in the viewport, instead of the assigned key ! So I'm stuck, it's the button I use the most...
I knew updating was a bad idea, it's always a risk, always something breaking, in worst case the whole use settings for all programs is lost.
(send support request, but if anyone uses blender, there might be this tradeoff or showstopper to using unreal.)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

animaliok wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:18 am Thanks ! 10.8.20 does work in Unreal 5.3 !
10.8.17 also worked but you probably installed 10.8.17 before UE 5.3. 3DxWare 10 includes a plug-in for UE 5.3 and it must be installed after the engine. Done the other way (first 3DxWare 10 and then Unreal Engine) will not work since the plug-in installer cannot find the application.
animaliok wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 am Only issue is that 10.8.20 introduces a bug in blender ! Where the lock button triggers the space bar in the viewport, instead of the assigned key
Launch 3Dconnexion Settings and open the "Buttons" panel. Ensure you have Blender in the foreground (click on the application) and then change the "Lock" button assignment to "Application Use".
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Ow ok maybe th best would have been to re-install 10.8.17 if reinstallation is possible with 3DxWAre. I probably installed or re-installed UE after 3Dx yes for sure.
Because no 10.820 is totaly broken with blender,, if setting lock to "application use", first I can't assign it to the key I need which is " * ", but also it still does the exact same bug, that triggers the playback, like if it triggred the spacebar key.
But that's not all, CTRL triggers TAB, SHIFT triggers X (delete), and the "2" key of the SM enterprise triggers the "Home" button. ALL these are erratic, they are not set like that in th ebutton prefs, it's totally bugged, as it also triggers the correct assigned key if it can, like the "Lock" button triggers playback by bug, but it also in the background correctly triggers the " * " key it's assigned to.
And there is no way to downgrade 3DxWare apparently, so i'm currently totally stuck unable to work. This just adds one more trauma to the slight PTSD I have with updating 3DxWare, that taught me that saving presets is useless as when 3DxWare deletes all your prefrecnes on update, they cannot be restored with the saved preferences, so I have a collection of screenshots I made to restore each button/key assignement by hand on all my software when 3DxWAre fails to keep preferences. Massive pain. But today that's way beyond that, the buttons are totally broken, triggering keys they have no reason to, there's zero explanation.
I found 4 but much likely most of them are bugged in 10.8.20
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

animaliok wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 am And there is no way to downgrade 3DxWare apparently, so i'm currently totally stuck unable to work.
To downgrade to a previous version, start by uninstalling 3DxWare 10 using the Settings app ("Apps" panel). Then go to the software archive here, download the version of 3DxWare 10 that you wish to use and run the installer.
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Thanks, but how can I guarantee that all my pref won't get erased when uninstalling ? I have a whole load of saved versions accumulated over the years in DXZ (and jpeg format as a backup), but I don't remember a time when restoring saved prefs was functioning in 3DxWare. The buttons settings/assignation always just failed to get imported all the times I've tried.
So I usually do whatever I can to avoid upgrading, and mostly avoid uninstalling.
animaliok

Post by animaliok »

Ok took the leap of faith and uninstalled 10.8.20, installed 10.8.19, and miraculously all my prefs seems to have been kept this time !
(maybe something was fixed in 3DxWare in the last 6 years)
SM enterprise works in blender, AND unreal 5.3, as reinstalling added the driver to UE folder as you pointed out nGomes, thanks !!