MacOS Sonoma doesn't find Spacemouse wireless

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Biesti7

MacOS Sonoma doesn't find Spacemouse wireless

Post by Biesti7 »

Hi,

After updating to MAcOs14 Sonoma, as well as the latest 3Dconnexion driver, my space mouse wireless isn't detected any longer...
Even installing an earlier driver doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Any ideas?
ngomes

Re: MacOS Sonoma doesn't find Spacemouse wireless

Post by ngomes »

Biesti7 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:56 am my space mouse wireless isn't detected any longer...
A "not detected" wireless device can be caused my something as simple as it being switched off.

If you can share additional details, perhaps we can provide a more helpful response.
Nuno Gomes
Trudant

Post by Trudant »

Hello -

I'm having the same issue.

M2 Mac, Upgraded to Sonoma 14.0
Wireless SpaceMouse is not connecting.
It works when connected by USB cable.

I tried to reinstall the driver and it is hung on 'Running page scripts'. I'm not sure if this is related.

My typical go-to for verifying operation is to click on the buttons on the sides, no menu appears.
Plug in the USB cable and don't change anything else, mouse functions as expected.

SpaceMouse Wireless Receiver is recognized in the USB device tree.

Tried connecting the wireless dongle direct (USB 3.1 Bus) and through a USB 2.0 hub.
Also I will note that MacOs asks if I would like to allow the accessory and I say 'yes'.

Update - I just discovered that when I move my Wireless Mouse head around, it does scroll my web browser.
So I am connecting through the wireless dongle but actions are not being interpreted properly.
For example... rotate left/right scrolls up and down!! Very odd.

--------

Suggestions welcome!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.14.32 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.14.32 AM.png (81.82 KiB) Viewed 48475 times
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.12.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.12.51 AM.png (90.87 KiB) Viewed 48475 times
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.11.41 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.11.41 AM.png (122.52 KiB) Viewed 48475 times
luping

Post by luping »

Biesti7 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:56 am Hi,

After updating to MAcOs14 Sonoma, as well as the latest 3Dconnexion driver, my space mouse wireless isn't detected any longer...
Even installing an earlier driver doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Any ideas?
So far, the supported OS:

macOS 11, macOS 12, macOS 13

Apple macOS is never known for its backward compatibility. Do some basic search before system upgrade.
fpsnyder

Post by fpsnyder »

Having experienced this same 10.8.2 driver install on Sonoma, I then tried a different approach that worked. Run the uninstall program from the 3D Connexion folder first, restart, then install the 10.8.2 driver. This method appears to get around the install hanging up on the "Running package scripts..." and not seeing the SpaceMouse or CADMouse in properties. Hope this helps!
giddycracked

Post by giddycracked »

Trudant wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:20 am Hello -

I'm having the same issue.

M2 Mac, Upgraded to Sonoma 14.0
Wireless SpaceMouse is not connecting.
It works when connected by USB cable.

I tried to reinstall the driver and it is hung on 'Running page scripts'. I'm not sure if this is related.

My typical go-to for verifying operation is to click on the buttons on the sides, no menu appears.
Plug in the USB cable and don't change anything else, mouse functions as expected.

SpaceMouse Wireless Receiver is recognized in the USB device tree.

Tried connecting the wireless dongle direct (USB 3.1 Bus) and through a USB 2.0 hub.
Also I will note that MacOs asks if I would like to allow the accessory and I say 'yes'.

Update - I just discovered that when I move my Wireless Mouse head around, it does scroll my web browser.
So I am connecting through the wireless dongle but actions are not being interpreted properly.
For example... rotate left/right scrolls up and down!! Very odd.

--------

Suggestions welcome!
Currently supported operating systems are macOS 11, macOS 12, macOS 13
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

giddycracked wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:37 pm Currently supported operating systems are macOS 11, macOS 12, macOS 13
MacOS 14 "Sonoma" is supported as of v. 10.8.3 of 3DxWare 10.
Nuno Gomes
jgaltUSA

Post by jgaltUSA »

So months later still no solution to this problem?
cgarch

Post by cgarch »

Just installed 10.8.4 - SpaceMouse Wireless is not recognized, but the CadMouse is . . after multiple restarts, uninstalls, reinstalls, and reverting to 10.8.2 it still is not recognized. It was working just fine prior to this under MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1. Why, oh why did I update???

Mouse is on a USB cable to the laptop, is on during and after all of the above.

Apple M1 Max chip
OS 14.4.1
64gb memory

Craig
Rapona

Post by Rapona »

Hello ladies and gentlemen .I am working on a MAC Book Pro with M2 processor. And with operating system Sinoma 14.4.1 - I have the following problem:
After installing the new Sketchup 2024 my SpaceMouse Pro stopped working. I made the mistake to upgrade with the new driver 10,8,3 and after starting the installation procedure it stuck at about 50% and stays like that indefinitely . I tried installing all possible drivers from your archive but nothing helps . I also reverted the old version of SketchUp 2013 hoping that things will be better there but alas no result . Please advice how to solve the problem .
Ree

Post by Ree »

Good morning

Since i bought this space mouse i had not ing but troubles with it. Now i wanted to use Sketchup again and again the mouse is not working.
The installeren does not work so any update is impossible.

Groeten Raimond