After update I can no longer change deadband in cfg file

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Orchards92@gmail.com

After update I can no longer change deadband in cfg file

Post by Orchards92@gmail.com »

Previously I went into the cfg. file and tweaked the deadband to get the spacemouse to pan smoothly in Revit and it worked so nice. Now after i updated all the axis I tweaked quit responding because of my alter cfg. Once i deleted this file and let it automatically regenerate itself the everything worked again but I'm back to the terrible huge deadband with the default settings. I feel like if i lower the speeds so because to pan in tight areas then it takes for ever to get a crossed large areas. With the changed deadbands i could have the speed set very high and still have amazing control to make very small movements. But it looks the structure of the cfg file with changed with the last few updates and i cant find away anther way to change the deadband?

Has anyone found another way other then going back to the older software?
Attachments
deadband.PNG
deadband.PNG (18.8 KiB) Viewed 684 times
jwick

Re: After update I can no longer change deadband in cfg file

Post by jwick »

That was rather clever of you to use a negative Deadband. I see how it worked. It was not intended. But I like it.
The reason it doesn't work anymore was because the implementation was moved, to fix something else. The new code performs more as per the definition.

We are looking at this problem with some apps. I will see if I can use your suggested syntax when we do it.

In the meantime, a while back we added three buttons to adjust the speed settings: Low Speed, Moderate Speed, Fast Speeds. They are under the 3Dconnexion Category in the GUI. Do those work for you when you are in tight spaces vs out on the range?
Orchards92@gmail.com

Re: After update I can no longer change deadband in cfg file

Post by Orchards92@gmail.com »

Oh that's pretty slick, I had never noticed those before, they do help a lot!

haha I was surprised the negative number worked honest. They only thing that would frustrate me was it seams the overall size of the model is a factor of the speed so I would made different profiles for each project. Later on I realized I could add a large scope box to each project and use that as a benchmark and that would make all the different projects operate at the same speed with one profile.