Want to stop switch between two application

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Vinodnx

Want to stop switch between two application

Post by Vinodnx »

Hello All
I am new to this group, and seeking your help to space mouse issue. I want to stop the application switching option in the space muse. I want to define one task for all the application, for example Button 1 file explorer. So I want this will remain the same in all the other application. How to disable switching option.

regards
luping

Re: Want to stop switch between two application

Post by luping »

Map the button in every application window, e.g. Button 1 to file explorer. It's tedious, but effective.
jwick

Post by jwick »

There are some cfg files that are loaded at init. If you set <CfgProperties><Grab>Hard</Grab> on one of those, the driver will not switch to any other cfgs, regardless of focus.

For one of them, Desktop.xml, you can use a button to switch between grabbed, and floating with the focus modes (changes that <Grab>).

PM or email for more details. The GUI doesn't help you much with this. You need to do some XML editing. IOW, it's not supported.
Vinodnx

Post by Vinodnx »

Hello Jwick,

Sorry for the late reply, how can i contact you? Can you please send me some details how to change the config at <removed email address>

Regards
jwick

Post by jwick »

All this is unsupported. It may change in the future. It works today.
Now that I covered the disclaimers...

The easiest way to do this is:
1) Start the driver
2) Click on the windows background. The driver will show "Desktop" on the LCD/GUI/OSD/systray icon.
3) Make a change for that cfg with a device button (e.g., Rotation lock), or in the GUI (assign a button).
4) You then have an Explorer_Background.xml in %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg.
5) Edit that file with your favorite editor. We mostly use notepad++ with the XML extension enabled. This allows you to format the file so it is more readable.
6) Add <Grab>Hard</Grab> to the CfgProperties section of this file:

Code: Select all

<CfgProperties>
		<ID>ID_STR_EXPLORER_BACKGROUND</ID>
		<Name>STR_EXPLORER_BACKGROUND</Name>
		<InheritsFromID>ID_STR_EXPLORER_BACKGROUND</InheritsFromID>
		<Grab>Hard</Grab>
	</CfgProperties>
The driver will now only use this file regardless of kb focus.

You can use 3DxSmartUI (our GUI) to make button assignments that will be used for all applications.

More can be done, but this should accomplish what you asked for.

If you want to override one single button in all apps and still do app switching, that's a different thing. You need to edit XML for that. It's more complicated, but does work.
Vinodnx

Post by Vinodnx »

Hello Jwick,

Thanks a lot let me try you test your option, sorry for late reply

Regards